/// This is an archived version of the official forums, which went offline in September 2017. Functionality is limited. Visit the Mirror's Edge Archive to learn more. ///
DLC, DLC Please! — Mirror's Edge™ Catalyst Forums
Forum Closure and Move to Answers HQ - read more here!

DLC, DLC Please!

Prev1
CruelParti
0 posts
edited August 2016
I Freaking Love ME:C and ME.

Although it is an "open" world game, still! The main story is TOO SHORT! It worth A$89 Alright?! The story should be longer!

Personally, I hope DICE can release more DLC for us, no matter if it's free or not. We just hope ME:C can be a perfect game, and till now, it is not a 100/100 to me. Maybe a DLC could allow us entre the rest part of the Glass City? Or maybe tell us more about Icarus, Noah, Nomad, Plastic, and Rebecca? It seems like Nomad is only a "Clothes delivery guy."
Post edited by EAMod_Mike on

Comments

• It's a fun story nonetheless right? It's fast paced so of course it'll be about a day's worth of play time :P
  • I second this. I'd love to see some backstory on some of the characters, like Icarus. I loved the recordings, and that made me even more interested with everything he'd done before joining the cabal. I also feel like there's a lot of potential behind the woman with the sunglasses and black beanie, with most of her hair tucked underneath. I assumed that might've been Celeste, and she did mention her once, and some of the recordings include a Celeste as well. Either DLC or maybe some other content (novels, maybe?) to expand the world even more.
  • Perhaps more unlocks as well such as electronic parts on the map unlocking when you collected all the gridleaks, hidden documents have a search range on the map once you've collected the electronic parts and a range highlight for runner bags once you've collected the documents.
  • I still stand by what I said in my review - collectibles should unlock stuff. Wouldn't it be amazing if collecting all the documents revealed a secret about one of the factions/houses/etc and unlocked a side mission where you infiltrate a unique building that you can't otherwise access? Also, the story should've been significantly longer. If a game does their story well, I don't think you should feel like you need more information on major characters and factions in DLC.
  • Agreed.
  • I agree harald that would be nice; I wish the story was longer. In honesty I felt the characters were one dimmensial. I'm not apposed to backstory dlc and no more collectables plz lol.
  • ME_wifu22 wrote: »
    I agree harald that would be nice; I wish the story was longer. In honesty I felt the characters were one dimmensial. I'm not apposed to backstory dlc and no more collectables plz lol.

I can agree but as seemingly one dimensional as the characters were, you could tell there was a history between all of them, we just got thrown in at the end of an era so we had to bet on the characters having more than one side. They did fair for what they were able to bring out in some of the characters. I'll name a few in a spoiler and why.
    Icarus - started off like Eminem's half brother, ended up like best friend
    Noah - started off like old friend - ended up like father figure
    Rebecca - started off like she thought the runners were doing a bad thing, ended up have worse methods
    Isabelle/Cat - need I say more?
    Dogen - started off as a mystery, later appeared as his role (crime lord), but shifted towards Faith's mentor near the end.

I have to say though, they did a great job depicting what a juvenile would act like coming out of juvie. The acting between her and Noah was great, her resilience towards Icarus was spot on considering she's bullheaded. Her friendship with Platic was great, loved those scenes.
  • they have to do a DLC! idk though would love to see the time trials like the first ones with the blocks but would also like to see more of the city opened up as well!
  • LukeCypert
    66 posts
    edited June 2016
    Unfortunately with the ending and the name Catalyst, I'd assume they want to make another game... And as somehow unpopular this game is I see it taking another 8 years :'(
  • I don't know how you could not like this game, unless you didn't like the original. In a world of CoD spaz kids games like this will never get the recognition or reviews they deserve unfortunately. I felt like the story was just about right, given I attempted to complete it one main mission after the other to maintain a sense of urgency. It does appear they have set up for a sequel,(ME: Awakening?) so if any DLC does come out it probably won't have many story elements to it. I'm all for some free DLC with more billboards and stuff like that, maybe open up the entire city for free running?
  • ninemil
    218 posts
    edited June 2016
    If you look at the achievement unlocks, you'll find several use the term "...in the main game."

DLC is obviously planned. Since there's a tv series in the works, I'm sure there's plenty more story to tell yet.
  • ninemil wrote: »
    Since there's a tv series in the works, I'm sure there's plenty more story to tell yet.
    Ugh please don't suck.

I want DLC. With actual story. The characters are interesting and more can be done with them. The Isabela and Noah stuff was cliche and predictable but I liked Plastic, Icarus, and Dogen a lot. We also need to learn more about that guard with the scar.
  • Pure_Majestic
    36 posts
    edited June 2016

I want DLC. With actual story. The characters are interesting and more can be done with them. The Isabela and Noah stuff was cliche and predictable but I liked Plastic, Icarus, and Dogen a lot. We also need to learn more about that guard with the scar.

This. I totally agree, we need DLC with story because I'd like to know more about the characters to flesh them out, I hope DICE says something about the dlc soon

• some more story driven DLCs could not harm. especially if they expend more on the characters. i still havent finished the story because i take my time with the game as such and explore the city as much as i can. but i have already completed over 90% of it so i guess im on the last mission.

i also like to know when we get the soundtrack. so far nothing on google shows up or itunes.
  • What is really frustrating is the fact the developpers created a very big background for Catalyst, for the story (in the comics but alos here on the website (Intel section) but many things were not used very well in the game, I mean the story is too short and not deep enough. Maybe a sequel was considered, but I think we deserved more in Catalyst : /
  • LukeCypert wrote: »
    Unfortunately with the ending and the name Catalyst, I'd assume they want to make another game... And as somehow unpopular this game is I see it taking another 8 years :'(

Why would 8 years of longfully waiting be a bad thing? Let them take their time to make a game that works on day one instead of releasing a rushed game full of bugs...
  • ninemil wrote: »
    Since there's a tv series in the works, I'm sure there's plenty more story to tell yet.

Please no. This has never worked. TV and games don't play well with one another.
  • Why would 8 years of longfully waiting be a bad thing? Let them take their time to make a game that works on day one instead of releasing a rushed game full of bugs...

I don't see why it would take 8 years. There is no need to upgrade since the gameplay, engine, and concept is already fleshed out in Catalyst. If they were to make a sequel, they would (hopefully) be focusing on the story. I assume it will still take place in Glass or another location (given that the map is huge with tons of unused places and basically already designed) within the map.
  • I so bump this thread
  • Annabell wrote: »
    I second this. I'd love to see some backstory on some of the characters, like Icarus. I loved the recordings, and that made me even more interested with everything he'd done before joining the cabal. I also feel like there's a lot of potential behind the woman with the sunglasses and black beanie, with most of her hair tucked underneath. I assumed that might've been Celeste, and she did mention her once, and some of the recordings include a Celeste as well. Either DLC or maybe some other content (novels, maybe?) to expand the world even more.

This please, I want Icarus with his own finishers, also a patch on consoles to help on the texture streaming and to make takedowns happen outside missions, in other words, more frequently and more in our control.
  • IMO, they could make an ICARUS DLC, where you run the missions that he ran with Faith.
  • LukeCypert wrote: »

Well EA said MEC met their expectations so we might not have to wait as long!

• camcam889 wrote: »
    LukeCypert wrote: »

Well EA said MEC met their expectations so we might not have to wait as long!

I'm still defencive about it, not going to get my hopes up, I see the game votes on psn and it's pretty low for a AAA game, and it's already on sale PSN EU for 39€, but then again só was Uncharted 4 and that sold well...
  • well...I plan on buying the game at least two more times, one for my other origin account and one for my ps4...i also plan on doing some mirrors edge related videos in the future that if enough attention is given...EA will pay attention. Never lose dat Faith.
  • sonicnerd14
    124 posts
    edited July 2016
    Honestly, I don't think EA has any interest in DLC for this game. I think they abandoned this game for Bf1 production since it took them 3 weeks to fix the cutscene issue, and for some it still doesn't work very well. Just like you all I feel a good DLc could expand the story they have here a little bit, or the gameplay like some kind of multiplayer. Although, considering that the first game barely got any DLC at all, and how quick they have seemed to already stopped supporting this game any further it tells me that I don't think we are getting anything. However, I could be wrong, and I want EA and DICE to prove me wrong, so that way we all win. Because coming from a long time ME fan this game leaves a bit more to be desired.
  • Honestly, I don't think EA has any interest in DLC for this game. I think they abandoned this game for Bf1 production since it took them 3 weeks to fix the cutscene issue, and for some it still doesn't work very well. Just like you all I feel a good DLc could expand the story they have here a little bit, or the gameplay like some kind of multiplayer. Although, considering that the first game barely got any DLC at all, and how quick they have seemed to already stopped supporting this game any further it tells me that I don't think we are getting anything. However, I could be wrong, and I want EA and DICE to prove me wrong, so that way we all win. Because coming from a long time ME fan this game leaves a bit more to be desired.

Programing is harder than it seemes, 3 weeks is pretty quick, I've waited a lot more for simple fixes. Im afraid you're right about EA moving on but mostly because they don't see the profit they want in this game, not because of BF1 or any other game they have going.
  • sonicnerd14
    124 posts
    edited July 2016
    Honestly, I don't think EA has any interest in DLC for this game. I think they abandoned this game for Bf1 production since it took them 3 weeks to fix the cutscene issue, and for some it still doesn't work very well. Just like you all I feel a good DLc could expand the story they have here a little bit, or the gameplay like some kind of multiplayer. Although, considering that the first game barely got any DLC at all, and how quick they have seemed to already stopped supporting this game any further it tells me that I don't think we are getting anything. However, I could be wrong, and I want EA and DICE to prove me wrong, so that way we all win. Because coming from a long time ME fan this game leaves a bit more to be desired.

Programing is harder than it seemes, 3 weeks is pretty quick, I've waited a lot more for simple fixes. Im afraid you're right about EA moving on but mostly because they don't see the profit they want in this game, not because of BF1 or any other game they have going.

Actually, In video rendering there is no programming required though. All they are doing is "pre-rendering" a scene, and then compressing it, so that they can tag it onto the game. I could have been some kind of loading issue if it was my guess because its not normal for every kind of PC set up to encounter the exact same issue. It wasn't even a problem in the beta, so I don't understand why it was an issue.
  • Honestly, I don't think EA has any interest in DLC for this game. I think they abandoned this game for Bf1 production since it took them 3 weeks to fix the cutscene issue, and for some it still doesn't work very well. Just like you all I feel a good DLc could expand the story they have here a little bit, or the gameplay like some kind of multiplayer. Although, considering that the first game barely got any DLC at all, and how quick they have seemed to already stopped supporting this game any further it tells me that I don't think we are getting anything. However, I could be wrong, and I want EA and DICE to prove me wrong, so that way we all win. Because coming from a long time ME fan this game leaves a bit more to be desired.

Actually, In video rendering there is no programming required though. All they are doing is "pre-rendering" a scene, and then compressing it, so that they can tag it onto the game. I could have been some kind of loading issue if it was my guess because its not normal for every kind of PC set up to encounter the exact same issue. It wasn't even a problem in the beta, so I don't understand why it was an issue.

my mistake then, many thanks for correcting , always thought there was something more since its in game cutcenes and not pre rendered CGI
  • As much as i like this series, then i think we gotta be realistic. The silence from ea and dice after catalyst came out, means no dlc and no sequel. Just look at most other games that had been released. This is the last time we saw faith. Otherwise we would have heard more.
  • sonicnerd14
    124 posts
    edited August 2016
    mimicdk wrote: »
    As much as i like this series, then i think we gotta be realistic. The silence from ea and dice after catalyst came out, means no dlc and no sequel. Just look at most other games that had been released. This is the last time we saw faith. Otherwise we would have heard more.

Honestly I would have to go 50/50 with you on that. EA and DICE were pretty almost silent the whole development cycle. Only 3 important trailers over the course of 3 years from when it was first announced, and then a few more a over the last few months before its release. I have to believe they just like keeping things secret, but what makes me think otherwise is like you and I have said. The support is lacking and it doesn't really seem like they want to do anything further with this game. i hope its not true, but its looking likely.
    Post edited by sonicnerd14 on