/// This is an archived version of the official forums, which went offline in September 2017. Functionality is limited. Visit the Mirror's Edge Archive to learn more. ///
DLC, DLC Please! - Page 2 — Mirror's Edge™ Catalyst Forums
Forum Closure and Move to Answers HQ - read more here!

DLC, DLC Please!

2Next

Comments

• I love this game and want to see more story missions in DLC
  • ninemil wrote: »
    Since there's a tv series in the works, I'm sure there's plenty more story to tell yet.
    Ugh please don't suck.

I want DLC. With actual story. The characters are interesting and more can be done with them. The Isabela and Noah stuff was cliche and predictable but I liked Plastic, Icarus, and Dogen a lot. We also need to learn more about that guard with the scar.

Yeah I personaly liked Icarus and Noah and hope for a DLC or seperate shorter game with Icarus like some games do, but when it comes to Dougan, I think most can agree that hes a great character, they actually hired a actor from the Mentalist show for him, I was so suprised because I love the show but didnt recognize him, was familiar but the characters were so different that I was oblivious to it until I saw who the actors were on youtube
  • I would like some pure time trials like in the first game. I didnt really like the open world experience in MEC.
  • certainly woulndt mind to do icarus missions. we always hear him what he has to do. would be interesting to see how he got stuck behind that fence that faith has to get him out.
  • metalrocks wrote: »
    certainly woulndt mind to do icarus missions. we always hear him what he has to do. would be interesting to see how he got stuck behind that fence that faith has to get him out.
    metalrocks wrote: »
    certainly woulndt mind to do icarus missions. we always hear him what he has to do. would be interesting to see how he got stuck behind that fence that faith has to get him out.

Good point. The only reasoning we have for Icarus getting stuck is for Faith to be lured away from the safehouse, which is pretty bad story writing by the writers if we have no actual reason.

Good point. The only reasoning we have for Icarus getting stuck is for Faith to be lured away from the safehouse, which is pretty bad story writing by the writers if we have no actual reason.

I never thought about that. A lot of the game is pretty cliche, though.

I never thought about that. A lot of the game is pretty cliche, though.

yeah, the story isnt anything that will blow you away. but certainly clearer and straight forward than in the first game were the story was a bit confusing.
  • DLC sounds good to me, but don't make impossible achievements.
  • qlamenx wrote: »
    DLC sounds good to me, but don't make impossible achievements.

Were there impossible achievements in the first game?

• Manukkeli wrote: »
    qlamenx wrote: »

From what I've heard, the console version only really had "collect all secret bags" and "finish the game without firing a gun"?

No fortunately not ;) , but was just stating it here in case the developing team reads it, because sometimes they put multiplayer achievements and if you buy this game lately and nobody plays it anymore they shut down the servers and you cannot obtain those achievements anymore, happened to me on Far Cry 2.
  • MOOOOAAAAR :smiley:
  • qlamenx wrote: »
    Manukkeli wrote: »

No fortunately not ;) , but was just stating it here in case the developing team reads it, because sometimes they put multiplayer achievements and if you buy this game lately and nobody plays it anymore they shut down the servers and you cannot obtain those achievements anymore, happened to me on Far Cry 2.

Yeah, well i got all of them. Was just asking you if you had any trouble with them.

From what I've heard, the console version only really had "collect all secret bags" and "finish the game without firing a gun"?

There were a lot of achievements for performing a particular string of moves e/g wallrun, climb, turn, wallrun or something of the like. There was also some kind of achievement for a stomp move and the move where you could flip cops off if you pressed the right button, but it was mostly just stringing movement together. I don't really want many more of those movement achievements.

There were a lot of achievements for performing a particular string of moves e/g wallrun, climb, turn, wallrun or something of the like. There was also some kind of achievement for a stomp move and the move where you could flip cops off if you pressed the right button, but it was mostly just stringing movement together. I don't really want many more of those movement achievements.

I got all the non-story and non-collectible-related achievements in Catalyst by using video tutorials. They were...not simple. (There could've been an achievement for collecting all the chips, but all you get isn't worth how long it took.)
  • I would like some pure time trials like in the first game. I didnt really like the open world experience in MEC.

but there are time trials in this game, not to mention you can make your own and share 'em with the world.
  • I'm a few electronic parts and runner missions away from having another area open up. Those electronic parts are hard to find! Hoping I can get through the triumvirate disruptor mission, I keep failing it after I get through the transit hub.
  • Hopefully they have more activity here once they finish making new maps for bf...
    "Yeah yeah I'm sure the birds are real impressed Faith, but once you're done showing off think you might concentrate on some actual work?!!" - Merc
  • Colts
    2 posts
    edited September 2016
    I found the story to be rather short considering the price I paid for the game so I hope there is DLC with a story or DLC's and a sequel to this Mirrors Edge put out within the next 2-3 years would be sweet. Would love if they continued this as a franchise. This game has so much potential to do things in different times. It doesn't all have to be futuristic but if thats the only route they want to go then fine but they could easily do some 2016 dated mirrors edge stuff doesn't have to be futuristic IMO!
  • Yeah agree. Free DLC content update would worth it! A bigger city and story. and mission.
    aulodp866cd.png
    I am the combat master :V
  • Faithless
    4 posts
    edited September 2016
    This is one of those games that desparately needs some *story* DLC content. Definitely too quiet from the developers. Hard to know what grey corporate forces are holding back the team that made this gem.
    Yes, I will *pay* for more content if its good.
  • SPChanelSTH
    17 posts
    edited September 2016
    Anyways i just explore the shard in free roam. And it look rediculous.
    http://www.mirrorsedge.com/map/beatle/pc/1464183770/f0bc77d0-776e-11e6-b396-35d5bec5470a
    aulodp866cd.png
    I am the combat master :V