/// This is an archived version of the official forums, which went offline in September 2017. Functionality is limited. Visit the Mirror's Edge Archive to learn more. ///
Faith is running slower then the game itself — Mirror's Edge™ Catalyst Forums

Faith is running slower then the game itself

Forum Closure and Move to Answers HQ - read more here!

Faith is running slower then the game itself

Prev1
So I noticed a weird issue with my PC, while the game and it's surrounds are running smoothly at the normal speed, faith herself runs a lot slower then she should. This makes time based missions like metagrid completely impossible, hence faith runs slow while the timer is still acting as if nothing different. It doesn't really falter the main story at all but I wanted to put this out there. Pc specs can be provided upon request.

Comments

• YES! I am also having this problem. Can someone please fix this problem if not it is impossible to complete the game
  • In the first game, Faith would only walk if you had a pirated copy - hope yours aren't :blush:

Do I ever run at full speed or am I slow all the time?
    "Yeah yeah I'm sure the birds are real impressed Faith, but once you're done showing off think you might concentrate on some actual work?!!" - Merc
  • XIceBearX
    4 posts
    edited June 2016
    So I noticed a weird issue with my PC, while the game and it's surrounds are running smoothly at the normal speed, faith herself runs a lot slower then she should. This makes time based missions like metagrid completely impossible, hence faith runs slow while the timer is still acting as if nothing different. It doesn't really falter the main story at all but I wanted to put this out there. Pc specs can be provided upon request.

same, like on all timers i barely make it, i have 1 second/ not even that and im not bad at the game i rush my tail off and still its like she is half pace running it.
    Post edited by EAMod_Mike on
  • In the first game, Faith would only walk if you had a pirated copy - hope yours aren't :blush:

Do I ever run at full speed or am I slow all the time?

No need to assume, you guys can friend me on Origin at RoseTheGoat and see it in my owned games aha. Glad to hear I'm not the only one with this problem.
  • here is a video I posted showing live footage
  • Galsek21
    5 posts
    edited June 2016
    I am also have this problem ,i buy the original game yesterday , and there is nothing to play , just slow motion .Is there any solution to fix it ? :'( :'( :'(
    Post edited by Galsek21 on
  • PC specs? Need to at least know it's not a slow cpu etc ;p Does it happen if you wait a while? Maybe things are "loading". Also set the game priority to high in the task manager see if it does anything.
    "Yeah yeah I'm sure the birds are real impressed Faith, but once you're done showing off think you might concentrate on some actual work?!!" - Merc
  • Have you guys tried using the GPU memory limit that is available in the video option menu? I noticed my game became like this when I turned the limit off.
  • I am also have this problem ,i buy the original game yesterday , and there is nothing to play , just slow motion .Is there any solution to fix it ?

Asus Republic of Gamers PC desktop G30AK I7-4790K/16GB/2TB

Philips Brilliance BDM4065UC - 101,6 cm/40 Zoll LED-Monitor mit Lautsprecher - Desktop-Gerät - 4K UltraHD .

• It's a AMD FX(TM)-6100- Six-Core Processor 3.30 GHz
    16 gig of ram, 1TB
    AMD Radeon HD 6670 (5 gigs)
    Windows 7 64-bit OS
  • Galsek21 wrote: »
    I am also have this problem ,i buy the original game yesterday , and there is nothing to play , just slow motion .Is there any solution to fix it ?

Asus Republic of Gamers PC desktop G30AK I7-4790K/16GB/2TB

Philips Brilliance BDM4065UC - 101,6 cm/40 Zoll LED-Monitor mit Lautsprecher - Desktop-Gerät - 4K UltraHD .

• FaithConnors
    133 posts
    edited June 2016
    RoseTheGoat: AMD Radeon HD 6670 is a 512MB - 1GB card.

Galsek21 you didn't say what GPU you have in your PC. I'm guessing it is a fairly good one if you are using a 4k monitor...
  • RoseTheGoat: AMD Radeon HD 6670 is a 512MB - 1GB card.

Galsek21 you didn't say what GPU you have in your PC. I'm guessing it is a fairly good one if you are using a 4k monitor...

It is 5 gigs, doesnt matter anymore, since the new update it discontinued support for my GPU. It won't take the specific driver version it wants.
  • FaithConnors :
    Windows 8.1 64-bit (6.3, Build 9600) (9600.winblue_ltsb.160328-1315)
    System Manufacturer: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
    System Model: G30AK
    BIOS: 0601
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz
    Memory: 16384MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 16322MB RAM
    System DPI Setting: 240 DPI (250 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: UnKnown
    DxDiag Version: 6.03.9600.17415 64bit Unicode
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
    Device Type: Full Device
    Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_13C2&SUBSYS_86641043&REV_A1
    Display Memory: 12137 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 3975 MB
    Shared Memory: 8161 MB
    Current Mode: 3840 x 2160 (32 bit) (30Hz)
    Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
    Monitor Model: PHL BDM4065
    Monitor Id: PHL08E1
    Native Mode: 3840 x 2160(p) (59.997Hz)
  • I take it this is a PC problem because I'm not seeing this on PS4.
  • I'm definitely not experiencing anything as extreme as you guys, and the game is 100% playable, but I do sometimes get the feeling that people in videos are running faster than I am, which is very frustrating as I try so hard. I know there are cheaters, but it might be related to this problem. It might not be though, and it might just be the way I feel.
  • Teto
    137 posts
    edited June 2016
    No, no, it's not that.
    There's a loading problem (from my hardware or a bug in the game, I don't know) that can occur, especially after you die : The game tries to load data, and until it's done it's slow motion (except for the time). But I don't have this problem anytime, it's just sometimes. Annoying when you try to race. So the solutions I found so far are:
    - Exit the game, and re-run it.
    - Wait until movements are normal again. The problem in this case is that you can't be sure that it's "normal" at 100%.
    But imho the problem could be fixed by DICE.
  • THANK GOD im not the only one having this problem. Nothing has worked to fix it :(
  • Galsek21 wrote: »
    FaithConnors :
    After 2-3 weeks no one did anything to solve , fix this problems , i like this game but why i have buy it ,if no one have interest to fix this problems ??

Windows 8.1 64-bit (6.3, Build 9600) (9600.winblue_ltsb.160328-1315)
    System Manufacturer: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
    System Model: G30AK
    BIOS: 0601
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz
    Memory: 16384MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 16322MB RAM
    System DPI Setting: 240 DPI (250 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: UnKnown
    DxDiag Version: 6.03.9600.17415 64bit Unicode
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
    Device Type: Full Device
    Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_13C2&SUBSYS_86641043&REV_A1
    Display Memory: 12137 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 3975 MB
    Shared Memory: 8161 MB
    Current Mode: 3840 x 2160 (32 bit) (30Hz)
    Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
    Monitor Model: PHL BDM4065
    Monitor Id: PHL08E1
    Native Mode: 3840 x 2160(p) (59.997Hz)

• Her speed also depends on FoV. It'll be ok around 75%
  • I've the same problem. It looks like Faith is walking rather than running. My speed is much slower than the videos I see on Youtube, so there is no hope of finishing the timed missions. The solutions above do not work for me. Any idea?
  • Teto
    137 posts
    GPU memory problem, I suppose. The engine try to load things, you don't have enough memory, swap, swap, swap, that slows your movements.
    Note sure about that, but I'm pretty sure.
  • 4K on a 970? Um, okay... What did you expect? Also - 30Hz lock. Go back to 1080p60.
  • Try boosting your FOV or sensitivity. That always makes the game seem faster : )
  • I started to get better times on dashes after disabling vertical sync.
  • 1280 x 720 does wonders for the sweet spot, I got perfect speed, no desynced or performance problems anymore, anyone still having problems should switch there resolution to that.
  • I think it depends on your pc, gpu. My game ran fine on ultra at 1080p but would slow down after a minute if I used hyper settings.
  • I have my FOV at 65 since that's actually vertical FOV so it's around 95 horizontal FOV. Try that, a higher FOV is more taxing and too high looks strange IMO.
  • As far as I know, Frostbite games give slow motion when the framerate is lower than 30fps. The same problem exists in need for speed rivals and need for speed 2015. You'll have to tune down the visual settings and screen resolution to make the game run at at least 30fps to fix slow motion.
    here is a video I posted showing live footage