/// This is an archived version of the official forums, which went offline in September 2017. Functionality is limited. Visit the Mirror's Edge Archive to learn more. ///
The Tough Beat.L.E Community Thread — Mirror's Edge™ Catalyst Forums

The Tough Beat.L.E Community Thread

Forum Closure and Move to Answers HQ - read more here!

The Tough Beat.L.E Community Thread

Prev1
FaithConnors
133 posts
edited June 2016
Got some lonely beats you want discovered? Perhaps you are sick of finding those "impossible" beats right at the entrance to the Lair? Or maybe you just want some new challenges. This is the thread to set your challenges to the world!

Beat.L.Es are not just for challenges, sometimes you might find something interesting or amusing. Maybe you want to put a marker in place for your fresh time trail that is "out of bounds" and involves hanging off buildings or doing a suicide jump to complete it!
"Yeah yeah I'm sure the birds are real impressed Faith, but once you're done showing off think you might concentrate on some actual work?!!" - Merc

Comments

• Add me on Origin: lukecypert

My beat Invisible Floor is on a building you're not supposed to be able to get on, and my beat I'mLiterally Stuck, is in a dead-end that you can't get out of and you have to restart the checkpoint :-)
  • RobVaivodiss
    41 posts
    edited June 2016
    I got some tricky Beat L.E.s. Got some out of bounds ones as well. Add me on Origin: RobVaivodiss
  • I got a bunch of tricky beats ready to be discovered, Origin: DarkTenka.

Some of these go to areas that arent supposed to be reachable by the player, like what I like to call the "Party Zones" ... (areas with people in them having a party).

I plan on adding everyone in this thread as well ... I'ma coming for ya beats!
  • LukeCypert wrote: »
    My beat Invisible Floor is on a building you're not supposed to be able to get on, and my beat I'mLiterally Stuck, is in a dead-end that you can't get out of and you have to restart the checkpoint :-)

I think I may have found this exact one ... if not I have one that is similar.
  • Beat L.E.s are good times. I have a few good ones, but I'll need to go back and name them, as well as re-learn how origin works. Be back later.
  • Love good Beat LE's, add me on Origin: qreeves
    Lead Developer for the free casual arena shooter featuring parkour, Red Eclipse.
  • I got some tricky Beat L.E.s. Got some out of bounds ones as well. Add me on Origin: RobVaivodiss

Just completed all of yours Rob ... they were pretty good .. especially #4 .. I didnt know you could go back up there!
  • I'm curious if you can get some of my LEs. They're all in Downtown district. Name is Simplex1z, Origin.
    Don't get lost...
  • - Here's my favorite -

This one is in Concord. Here is the location on the map (just to the right of Faith on this map). https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7349/27374758570_8dced25b7d_o.png27374758570_8dced25b7d_o.png
    And here is where you can see it when you run by. https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7186/27041719084_eb06550f30_o.png 27041719084_eb06550f30_o.png

• I have a couple of odd ones -- mostly spots I found while trying out awkward ways to accomplish side missions. On Origin: nakoudo.
  • I just noticed that one of my beats (http://www.mirrorsedge.com/map/reachthis/1744202402/c913c9b0-31f3-11e6-a5c5-75129a9cf606) is probably unreachable if you don't get it before it turns into a Security Hub, because getting to it requires scaffolding that only seems to exist before you take on Plastic's mission to get into KrugerSec.

If it's not possible, I'll probably pull the L.E.; it doesn't seem fair to keep it there when you have such a narrow window to get to it. (I'd love to see someone get there without the scaffolding, though!)
  • Tenka
    26 posts
    edited June 2016
    nakoudo wrote: »
    I just noticed that one of my beats (http://www.mirrorsedge.com/map/reachthis/1744202402/c913c9b0-31f3-11e6-a5c5-75129a9cf606) is probably unreachable if you don't get it before it turns into a Security Hub, because getting to it requires scaffolding that only seems to exist before you take on Plastic's mission to get into KrugerSec.

If it's not possible, I'll probably pull the L.E.; it doesn't seem fair to keep it there when you have such a narrow window to get to it. (I'd love to see someone get there without the scaffolding, though!)

Please keep it there .. I want to try it.

Unfortunately the link doesnt show much ... what is it called? I will try it right now.
  • Tenka wrote: »
    I just noticed that one of my beats (http://www.mirrorsedge.com/map/reachthis/1744202402/c913c9b0-31f3-11e6-a5c5-75129a9cf606) is probably unreachable if you don't get it before it turns into a Security Hub, because getting to it requires scaffolding that only seems to exist before you take on Plastic's mission to get into KrugerSec.

Unfortunately the link doesnt show much ... what is it called? I will try it right now.

It's called "Security Hub Glitch" :) It's right in front of the Ocean Pier West billboard.
  • nakoudo wrote: »
    Tenka wrote: »

It's called "Security Hub Glitch" :) It's right in front of the Ocean Pier West billboard.

Unfortunately Origin/The game is being annoying .. even though im seeing your name in the friends list its "greyed out" and wont let me select. I encoutnered this before with qreeves and eventually they showed up.

I'm doing Simplex's at the moment, im up to #7 they are decently hard although I actually already have my own beats in a lot of these locations so I already knew the solutions lol. I'll jump over to yours and try it out as soon as it lets me ... just to double check - did you make them public?

Simplex - on your #3, you can take that one a step further, see my beat called "The Impossible Jump"
  • nakoudo wrote: »
    Tenka wrote: »

Unfortunately I couldnt see any possible way of getting up there, my tower was already destroyed so the "panels" or whatever u need to grab onto doesnt exist. So yea .. looks like its impossible if you have taken out the tower. Pity, it is a nice find for a location.
  • I DID IT!!!!! I MADE IT TO THE STREET!!!

345249e.jpg
    I DID IT!!!!! I MADE IT TO THE STREET!!!

345249e.jpg

You should make the path a time trial so we can check it out!
    I DID IT!!!!! I MADE IT TO THE STREET!!!

345249e.jpg

You should make the path a time trial so we can check it out!

I placed a second beat called "How to get OutOfBounds" that is on the critical position that allows you to achieve it. If you're moderately proficient in wall running/jumping its actually not that hard to reach.
  • Oh they let us on the street in the main game? That's cool since the street was a death barrier in the beta ;p Presumably to stop people going to districts they weren't meant to,,.
    "Yeah yeah I'm sure the birds are real impressed Faith, but once you're done showing off think you might concentrate on some actual work?!!" - Merc
    I got some tricky Beat L.E.s. Got some out of bounds ones as well. Add me on Origin: RobVaivodiss

Just completed all of yours Rob ... they were pretty good .. especially #4 .. I didnt know you could go back up there!

Nice! #4 was really fun to get to. When it became night I literally had to feel around the walls to progress.
  • Tenka
    26 posts
    edited June 2016
    Oh they let us on the street in the main game? That's cool since the street was a death barrier in the beta ;p Presumably to stop people going to districts they weren't meant to,,.

Well.. they didnt exactly let us lol.. I kind of broke the game and found something they missed. While you do seem to be correct about that "death barrier" for the most part.. The Development Zone - the area where the OutOfBounds method works, has a lot of surrounding "safe ground" that you can still explore. You do auto die in many parts of this, and in others u fall through the ground to your death .. but there are some areas you can still explore.

Nice! #4 was really fun to get to. When it became night I literally had to feel around the walls to progress.

Yea, I found my way down through many levels of that area that you're not supposed to get to.. and yes when it gets dark lol its nearly impossible to navigate .. even kind of creepy.
  • A few fun ones if anyone is interested http://www.mirrorsedge.com/map/profile/pc/198261360 Origin name MartinLenord
    They vary in difficulty, "Gatecrash the party" was quite a fun one to find :)
  • Every time I try to set a Beat L.E. It gives me a message saying UGC contains profanity. Can anyone help because I have no clue what it's talking about
  • Chodder69 wrote: »
    Every time I try to set a Beat L.E. It gives me a message saying UGC contains profanity. Can anyone help because I have no clue what it's talking about

Could be your username
  • I have a couple tricky Beat LEs. Add me on origin : nsmckinney02
  • Some of the names don't show up when searched unless you delete the last letter of the name. I don't know why, but it sure is weird. I made some really good ones. (I have over 90 Beat LE's and I need to delete some of them and make my time trials public.) You can add me on Origin if you want, Imaproshaman7 but I already sent friend requests to everyone on this thread who stated their name, so it's really only if you want to, haha!
  • I'm adding you guys and putting myself (and my Beats) out there: enzofoove

Tell me if you think they're too easy or too hard to find!
  • santhi93
    20 posts
    edited July 2016
    I just conquered the Allcom building (climbed to highest reachable point) in free roam.

http://imgur.com/a/5fwSQ

Feel free to add me (Origin ID: "ForsasArmada") and share your Beat L.E.s, I'm always trying to find new stuff and btw I'm playing on a GTX 650Ti; bought a 970 recently and I'm just waiting for the delivery so I'll be playing with more fluidity and thus, more often :smile:

Just for the record: DICE, WE NEED ORIGIN FRIENDS' MULTIPLAYER AND MAP EXPANSION DLC!
    Post edited by santhi93 on
  • napaceHbIK
    1 posts
    edited July 2016
    Are Beats crossplatform? If I add someone on Origin, will I see Beats on PS4? I guess not?