/// This is an archived version of the official forums, which went offline in September 2017. Functionality is limited. Visit the Mirror's Edge Archive to learn more. ///
The Tough Beat.L.E Community Thread - Page 2 — Mirror's Edge™ Catalyst Forums

The Tough Beat.L.E Community Thread - Page 2

Forum Closure and Move to Answers HQ - read more here!

The Tough Beat.L.E Community Thread

2Next

Comments

• I have some hard ones, and I have a time trial that leads you into elysium labs! gt: ProX3LITE
  • santhi93 wrote: »
    I just conquered the Allcom building (climbed to highest reachable point) in free roam.

http://imgur.com/a/5fwSQ

Feel free to add me (Origin ID: "ForsasArmada") and share your Beat L.E.s, I'm always trying to find new stuff and btw I'm playing on a GTX 650Ti; bought a 970 recently and I'm just waiting for the delivery so I'll be playing with more fluidity and thus, more often :smile:

Just for the record: DICE, WE NEED ORIGIN FRIENDS' MULTIPLAYER AND MAP EXPANSION DLC!

Holy cripes, your Beats were amazing!!!
  • Greetings! Anyone who wants to try my Beats, go ahead and add me! Most of them are OOB though, so be prepared for that. I'm on Xbox One and my GT is Panyema. c: I would love to try out your own Beats and Time Trials!

Some of my beats include: Hard to reach spots on normal map, OOB Beats, Inside Elysium Beat, etc. Have fun. c:
  • I just posted 3 very difficult ones that are nearly OOB but not quite. One is even blatantly visible, laughing in your face.
  • The ones I made aren't hard to find, but sure are fun (I guess?).
  • I think we need to stop touching the easy Beats in super obvious places e/g just on easily reachable flat ground or outside entrances to commonly inhabited places like the Lair. Popularity of a Beat could increase the likelihood of it being available in your game, so the less of the unreasonably easy Beats we touch, the better. Maybe that will mean actually tough and interesting Beats will start showing up in more games.
  • I sure hope so! There's one on the lights of a billboard I found, and it was really fun trying to get to it!
  • enzofoove wrote: »

Hehe, thanks mate. DICE really should focus on ideas like Beat L.E.s. It's definitely an improvement from the original game, it adds to the open world experience and makes it alot fun... Unfortunately the game still feels incomplete with such a short playable area when it comes to the rest of the map and the potential it has (higher buildings zone, lower buildings zone, etc). Beat L.E. is one of the few things that saves the free roam experience besides contemplating the astonishing graphics that can get boring overtime... Well, that's my opinion.
  • Imaproshaman
    135 posts
    edited July 2016
    santhi93 wrote: »
    enzofoove wrote: »

Hehe, thanks mate. DICE really should focus on ideas like Beat L.E.s. It's definitely an improvement from the original game, it adds to the open world experience and makes it alot fun... Unfortunately the game still feels incomplete with such a short playable area when it comes to the rest of the map and the potential it has (higher buildings zone, lower buildings zone, etc). Beat L.E. is one of the few things that saves the free roam experience besides contemplating the astonishing graphics that can get boring overtime... Well, that's my opinion.

Totally agree. One question though, how...do you play someone else's stuff without finding it on the map, or just stumbling across it? (I know that's kind of dumb, but I haven't really figured out...how.)
    Post edited by Imaproshaman on
  • Also, WHY is s-tupid considered an "offensive" term here, on the forums? It's not even???
  • I've created a few Beat.L.E and time trial, you can add me on origin:
    GeoffreyOmega
  • Imaproshaman
    135 posts
    edited July 2016
    I just made an out of bounds Beat L.E. As well as a time trial showing how I did it.
  • Hey, it's a bit tricky to access it:
    http://www.mirrorsedge.com/map/beatle/pc/943126975/67e50e70-4525-11e6-98c5-53a4dff05106
    but if you manage, you have one of the most beautiful view on the city:
    1467994139-mirrorsedgecatalyst-2016-07-08-18-06-39-28.jpg
  • I found this one while free-roaming. (It's the Tricky Out of Bounds one) It is possible to get down there and back up, but both are kind of tricky, haha. [Pun not intended?]

/ http://www.mirrorsedge.com/map/beatle/pc/1728549255/ed5d3800-47de-11e6-af6d-45c0ef0f850a
  • Add me on Origin to find some sweet L.E's and a tricky time trial.

Cougar_267
  • I've added everyone here, but 7 people have yet to see (or respond to?) my pending friend requests. 8o 6 of you have, however, so that's cool. 8D
  • santhi93
    20 posts
    edited August 2016
    I've managed to get to the Drone Works' side mission area. Through the elevator's open in the hall, I climbed up to this point:

baZv6A3.jpg

aTr5bud.jpg

NRMt90x.jpg

Now, I'm upset that I couldn't find any way to get inside the upper floor (third screenshot, there's an invisible wall blocking my passage). Idk why weren't they wondering that people would actually manage to get to that area through the side mission's starting point. Why don't they add an elevator trigger to the inside zone where the guards show up, so we could get up there and have our fun?! Keep that in note, DICE: a FREE roam game needs FREEDOM.

Anyways, my Origin ID is "ForsasArmada" if you guys want to catch my Beat L.E. but it seems like I lost all my Beat L.E. markings for no apparent reason. This is the only one being listed... I'll eventually reach those points again.
    Post edited by EAMod_Mike on
  • Teto
    137 posts
    Oh, well, keep that in note, santhi93, a FREE roam needs TIME and RESOURCES to make it. And they didn't have so much time/people for it (unfortunately).
  • *Cries*
  • This first one is in the Anchor District, it's technically out of bounds but you don't need to do any fancy glitches to get to it, it's quite simple to get to actually,
    13735822_565630270307631_2841796923991283938_o.jpg

These next two are in the View District, they're both in accessible areas, both inbounds, but they're a bit of a puzzle to get to both of them
    13615109_565630290307629_6235296168001380353_n.jpg?oh=78f83454e286c940e98264d0ad066b69&oe=57E94E99
    13612155_565630286974296_2851437289311368742_n.jpg?oh=e509f0c1764023e97abcd84702e4426a&oe=58349333

This last one is in Downtown, it's pretty simple to get to, I just thought it was a cool area.
    13731604_565630266974298_2554403540039417070_n.jpg?oh=35de2e45d07f76967ef3c988b932366b&oe=581E2511

My Origin account is filipomel, just like what you see here if you would like to add me.
  • All you Xbox 1 users add me! Wizzzard monk
    Stay graceful my friends
  • ParryDiise
    74 posts
    edited August 2016
    @santhi93

Yeah, same. I tried getting back up into the upper floor of KrugerArms and it seems impossible. It's just loads of Invisible walls :/
    Post edited by EAMod_Mike on
  • ParryDiise wrote: »
    santhi93 wrote: »
    I've managed to get to the Drone Works' side mission area. Through the elevator's open in the hall, I climbed up to this point:

baZv6A3.jpg

aTr5bud.jpg

NRMt90x.jpg

Now, I'm **** that I couldn't find any way to get inside the upper floor (third screenshot, there's an invisible wall blocking my passage). Idk why the **** weren't they wondering that people would actually manage to get to that area through the side mission's starting point. Why don't they add an elevator trigger to the inside zone where the guards show up, so we could get up there and have our **** fun?! Keep that in note, DICE: a FREE roam game needs FREEDOM.

Anyways, my Origin ID is "ForsasArmada" if you guys want to catch my Beat L.E. but it seems like I lost all my Beat L.E. markings for no apparent reason. This is the only one being listed... I'll eventually reach those points again.

Yeah, same. I tried getting back up into the upper floor of KrugerArms and it seems impossible. It's just loads of Invisible walls :/

I couldn't manage to get that high? I guess I'll keep trying in that area. The wall climb sure it tricky. I̶ ̶n̶e̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶g̶e̶t̶ ̶g̶o̶o̶d̶.̶
  • I have a bunch of hard LE's. Basically everyone I've added has yet to get even half of them. Anybody on Xbox feel free to add. GT: Xpectakill
  • Imaproshaman
    135 posts
    edited August 2016
    The succ about the Beat L.E. thing, is that I'm CONSTANTLY finding ones that my friends put out, in areas where I've already put them. Like, oh---gdi. Nevermind then, lol. Because you can only have 10 public ones, and I have over 90 that I think most of are pretty good.
  • Can I add you guys on Origin? Get some good beatLE's ;)
  • Can I add you guys on Origin? Get some good beatLE's ;)

I only have 1 really easy one made, not the best at ME but i do love the game
  • I'll add anyone. I think I've added most of the people from the forums, actually, haha.