/// This is an archived version of the official forums, which went offline in September 2017. Functionality is limited. Visit the Mirror's Edge Archive to learn more. ///
Catalyst is getting boring. — Mirror's Edge™ Catalyst Forums
Forum Closure and Move to Answers HQ - read more here!

Catalyst is getting boring.

Let's be clear, I'm a massive ME fan.
I pre-ordered Catalyst in April. I saved all my money, and then, I get this.
The campaign was very short, and the side missions, well, they felt longer the main story.
Once you collect all the gridLeaks, there's no need to explore unless you want to find bags, documents, etc.
If you have all the upgrades, the game just ditches the need of XP. The Beat L.E system makes no sense and it's full, and full of bugs, glitches and mistakes.

When you're a hardcore fan of the original, you expect the next game to improve. Nope.
I've seen myself close Catalyst and go play games I never play and then see Catalyst and go, "what's this again? oh yeah"
3 years to develop this, after delays, you'd expect a lot of cool stuff.
No.
This game was obviously underdeveloped and rushed.
While the game has decent graphics and some weird delivery missions, hold on, forgot about those,
when you find an NPC in the world offering you a mission, they don't move. You completed the mission? You can't do it anymore and the NPC's are standing there doing god know's what.
Back on track, this game was rushed, obviously. It had such great potential. Who worked on this? I don't believe, that when comparing this game to Battlefront and Battlefield, that this, was made, by Digital Illusions Creative Entertainment.
"Should be some scaffolding ahead, try and lose some of the heat in there."

Comments