/// This is an archived version of the official forums, which went offline in September 2017. Functionality is limited. Visit the Mirror's Edge Archive to learn more. ///
Nvidia Ansel — Mirror's Edge™ Catalyst Forums
Forum Closure and Move to Answers HQ - read more here!

Nvidia Ansel

Prev1
Can someone please help me? i downloaded the lastest drier that supports nvidia ansel, i really want to use in Catalyst, is it a seperate download or is there a button that opens it in the game. i don't know how to use it, any help is much appreciated!!!

Comments

• Once you have the game started press the alt and F2 keys. That starts up Ansel.
  • Bird_Of_Faith
    161 posts
    edited July 2016
    Eliteone wrote: »
    Once you have the game started press the alt and F2 keys. That starts up Ansel.

Awesome thanks!!
  • Eliteone wrote: »
    Once you have the game started press the alt and F2 keys. That starts up Ansel.

Is there anyway to change the start up button??
  • I wish Nvidia had made that clearer because I was searching around for a long time looking for the download, when I had already downloaded the latest driver.
  • Is there specific requirements to use Ansel? I haven't tried to use it yet but I have a laptop with an 860m graphics processor, would Ansel work on my computer?
  • Anyone else having trouble using Ansel? I have a GTX 1070, downloaded the latest game update + latest drivers and Alt + F2 doesn't do anything in game for me. Doesn't appear to be working. :(
  • Anyone else having trouble using Ansel? I have a GTX 1070, downloaded the latest game update + latest drivers and Alt + F2 doesn't do anything in game for me. Doesn't appear to be working. :(

Nothing is happening for me either, and I checked on the NVidia website and my Graphics Card is supported for Ansel. Maybe the game update hasn't rolled out everywhere yet?

You also need to download Nvidia GeForce and update it with 3D Vision to make it work.
  • filipomel
    41 posts
    edited July 2016
    Anyone else having trouble using Ansel? I have a GTX 1070, downloaded the latest game update + latest drivers and Alt + F2 doesn't do anything in game for me. Doesn't appear to be working. :(

You also need to download Nvidia GeForce and update it with 3D Vision to make it work.

I believe the latest drivers for 3D Vision are installed, but when I try to launch 3D Vision Photo Viewer I get this message,
    34i4azd.jpg
    I have no idea what to do
  • Could you specify your graphic card, processor, and the driver version please :smile: ?
  • Could you specify your graphic card, processor, and the driver version please :smile: ?
    GeForce GTX 860M, Intel Core i7-4710HQ @2.50GHz, Driver Version 368.81, I looked in the Programs and Features panel and it shows both graphics driver and 3D Vision driver are updated to 368.81 update.
  • You can find the list of supported GPUs geforce.com/hardware/technology/ansel/supported-gpus at this link.
  • GeoffreyOmega
    92 posts
    edited July 2016
    filipomel wrote: »
    Could you specify your graphic card, processor, and the driver version please :smile: ?
    GeForce GTX 860M, Intel Core i7-4710HQ @2.50GHz, Driver Version 368.81, I looked in the Programs and Features panel and it shows both graphics driver and 3D Vision driver are updated to 368.81 update.

I believe your display Monitor ain't 3D right? Or maybe you're running an additional monitor with your laptop monitor that could be a clue to why you get this error.
    Beside that though, it should work in game, unless laptop monitor are a issue with Ansel + ME:C
    If you still run through some issues, I believe making a clean install of ME:C & NVIDIA drivers will likely fix the problem.
  • filipomel wrote: »
    Could you specify your graphic card, processor, and the driver version please :smile: ?

I believe your display Monitor ain't 3D right? Or maybe you're running an additional monitor with your laptop monitor that could be a clue to why you get this error.
    Beside that though, it should work in game, unless laptop monitor are a issue with Ansel + ME:C
    If you still run through some issues, I believe making a clean install of ME:C & NVIDIA drivers will likely fix the problem.

Alright, thanks for your help!

Thank you so much. That worked! I don't have a 3D Vision display, so I always uncheck those when installing drivers. I never would've thought that was the solution, and I really wish NVIDIA was clear about this requirement. I'm going to spread the word so less people run into this issue.
  • Ansel is not working for me. Nothing happens when I press ALT F2 in game. I use GTX 980's in SLI and the latest drivers are installed via GeForce Experience so the 3D vision drivers should be present. My keyboard has no function lock capability and has no alternate function key functions.
  • MereRunner wrote: »
    Ansel is not working for me. Nothing happens when I press ALT F2 in game. I use GTX 980's in SLI and the latest drivers are installed via GeForce Experience so the 3D vision drivers should be present. My keyboard has no function lock capability and has no alternate function key functions.

3D Vision isn't automatically downloaded by GeForce Experience, you either need to set it within GeForce experience (there's something to check) OR download it on the official website.
  • MereRunner wrote: »
    Ansel is not working for me. Nothing happens when I press ALT F2 in game. I use GTX 980's in SLI and the latest drivers are installed via GeForce Experience so the 3D vision drivers should be present. My keyboard has no function lock capability and has no alternate function key functions.

3D Vision isn't automatically downloaded by GeForce Experience, you either need to set it within GeForce experience (there's something to check) OR download it on the official website.

I downloaded 368.81 drivers and installed them manually making sure that 3D Vision was included. ALT F2 is still not working. ALT F9 & ALT F10 for shadowplay does work. I can find no 3D Vision or Ansel settings from within GeForce Experience.
  • Last question then, do you have NVIDIA GeForce running while you play Mirror's Edge Catalyst? :)
  • Last question then, do you have NVIDIA GeForce running while you play Mirror's Edge Catalyst? :)

Yes, I had tried playing the game with GeForce Experience running. I had also tried the GeForce Experience Beta which adds ALT Z & ALT F1 functions which both had worked. I'm back on the non-beta version now.
  • Also I can't find anywhere official that says to use ALT F2 to activate Ansel other than what other users have posted. I think I may be missing something still.
  • Finally got it working. Had to uninstall GFE and NVidia drivers from Programs & Features. Rebooted and did a clean install of the drivers without installing GFE.
  • Actually the real reason why it didn't work is because it does not work in SLI mode. Installing drivers always disables SLI. Hopefully SLI will work in a future update by NVidia.
  • tabris17
    1 posts
    edited September 2016
    I can't get Ansel to work. Alt+F2 does nothing. I have a GTX 960.
    I've already done these but it still doesn't seem to work:
    • Updated the drivers. I've uninstalled then reinstalled, including 3D Vision drivers and GeForce Experience.
    • Updated the game. I've uninstalled the game when I finished it several weeks ago. When I learned about Ansel, I downloaded it again. After downloading, I checked for updates and Origin said that the game was up to date.
    • Used "Repair Game" on Origin.
    • Restarted my PC after reinstalling the drivers + GFE.
    • Tried running the game with GFE also open.

Edit:
    It works now. I turned off UAC and reinstalled the latest drivers without GFE. After doing that, I checked the Nvidia Corporation folder and there was an Ansel folder.
    Post edited by tabris17 on
  • worked like a charm since launch, today it doesn't.
    what..?
  • I know the Nvidia 840m is not officially supported, but did anyone got Nividia Ansel working on it? The game crashes for me once I press alt+f2.
  • Hound
    1 posts
    edited August 2016
    I know the Nvidia 840m is not officially supported, but did anyone got Nividia Ansel working on it? The game crashes for me once I press alt+f2.

Can you tell from where to download it in unofficially for 840M?
  • Hound wrote: »
    I know the Nvidia 840m is not officially supported, but did anyone got Nividia Ansel working on it? The game crashes for me once I press alt+f2.

Can you tell from where to download it in unofficially for 840M?

Not unofficially. I downloaded and installed the latest drivers for 840m (along with GeForce Experience and 3d vision drivers) from Nvidia's official website.
  • Mine half works... When I press ALT+F2, Ansel does open but the mouse does not respond!!! I can see the mouse cursor but I'm unable to rotate the camera with it, only WASD works to move forward, back, left & right.

Also, the panel on the left where you can change filters, DOF and the "Snap" button highlight when I hover over them but they don't work when clicking. Very frustrating!!

I even tried plugging a controller in and that doesn't move at all. And yes, I've tried everything already suggested, only bought the game last week so it's up to date and I've installed the latest drivers from fresh! :-(
  • Guys, when I press Alt + F2 in game, the game crashes, and Windows "Ding" sound can be heard. . It says DirectX 11 Error... And then it mentions about Intel Graphics 4000? What?
    I am Iman.