/// This is an archived version of the official forums, which went offline in September 2017. Functionality is limited. Visit the Mirror's Edge Archive to learn more. ///
E3 2017??? — Mirror's Edge™ Catalyst Forums
Forum Closure and Move to Answers HQ - read more here!

E3 2017???

Prev1
what do you guys reckon??? do you think they will show something to do with our beloved mirrors edge catalyst? new game? DLC? i really hope something happens, because they haven't showed us anything on social media since it was release. my theory is that they are waiting for e3 to announce something big?? i dont know its just a theory, what do you guys think???

Comments

• I reaaaallly hope so!! I've been checking the social media pages every day for more info since release
  • I so hope for this. Probably not another game but for some reason I have a feeling they will show DLC. Its existence has been hinted enough for me to believe it's somewhere in the works.
    Also judging by the cliffhangery, sequel-hinting ending of the game, I don't think it'll be too long before the next one is announced or released.
  • Bird_Of_Faith
    161 posts
    edited February 13
    MichaelT wrote: »
    I so hope for this. Probably not another game but for some reason I have a feeling they will show DLC. Its existence has been hinted enough for me to believe it's somewhere in the works.
    Also judging by the cliffhangery, sequel-hinting ending of the game, I don't think it'll be too long before the next one is announced or released.

Yeah i agree!! I just really want there to be more because it would be absolutely awesome!!!
  • certainly would be nice to hear something. dlc or not but just a confirmation that they are working on the next title since we are left with an open ending.
  • metalrocks wrote: »
    certainly would be nice to hear something. dlc or not but just a confirmation that they are working on the next title since we are left with an open ending.

Exactly, the ending did state that they started something they intend to finish... so lets hope we see something soon!!!
  • When is the next E3 coming? Not gonna miss the livestream!
    I am Iman.
  • ImUrFriend wrote: »
    When is the next E3 coming? Not gonna miss the livestream!

Sometime at the start of next month, not sure on specific dates haven't checked, but i so badly want more mirrors edge!!!

Sometime at the start of next month, not sure on specific dates haven't checked, but i so badly want more mirrors edge!!!

Hey it isn't next month, it's in June unfortunately
  • camcam889 wrote: »
    ImUrFriend wrote: »

Hey it isn't next month, it's in June unfortunately

aahh my mistake lol
  • I hope so since the actors said they had recorded for DLC like what, 2 months after it was out?
  • ImUrFriend
    167 posts
    edited February 23
    Halo Wars 2 is out now, that means Faye is probably not being with Microsoft already ( she made a voice cast in that new game. Pretty cool ). Anyway, She probably had some time going back to DICE again and make some more contents for the next DLC! :D
    I am Iman.
  • DICE have been posting more and more MEC related content on their twitter, (I think) they changed their header image to a MEC one, and also Jeff Berg (the voice actor of Icarus) posted a photo on instagram with Faye and the director of the game with the caption "It was a @mirrorsedgethegame reunion in the studio today. Love working with @tommeetoon again & finally got to congratulate @faye_kingslee aka Faith Connors aka Professor Ellen Anders on the release of Halo Wars 2! Yes, girl!!"
  • MichaelT wrote: »
    DICE have been posting more and more MEC related content on their twitter, (I think) they changed their header image to a MEC one, and also Jeff Berg (the voice actor of Icarus) posted a photo on instagram with Faye and the director of the game with the caption "It was a @mirrorsedgethegame reunion in the studio today. Love working with @tommeetoon again & finally got to congratulate @faye_kingslee aka Faith Connors aka Professor Ellen Anders on the release of Halo Wars 2! Yes, girl!!"

ohhh yes, new information, this information about to a reunion may have something to do with meetings for the game maybe???
  • "If" they are working on a new game, we probably gonna see a "very tiny small" teaser, something around a 15 - 30 sec cinematic just to spoil that yes, there'll be another installment. But I don't see them coming with anything to be honest, it's been less than a year since the game has been released. I don't see ME3 before fall 2018 - 2019.
  • nasa
    6 posts
    edited February 28
    E3 teaser june please :)
  • Jagan
    17 posts
    edited March 2
    OMG guys you are all dreaming here lol
    Catalyst is a huge commercial wreck, sales didn't exceed 1 million according to VGchartz.
    EA managers are surely burning DiCE offices right now, and i'm SURE we'll never have any Mirror's Edge content in the future.
    Catalyst was a second chance, and EA won't give them a third one. You'll have to admit that Mirror's Edge doesn't please the public, and that we are only few fans around the globe... sadly.

I talked to the environment artist of Catalyst today, and she told me she no longer works for DiCE or any Mirror's Edge related content... which is not a good news.
    Post edited by Jagan on
  • Jagan wrote: »
    Catalyst is a huge commercial wreck, sales didn't exceed 1 million according to VGchartz.

Keep in mind that they only list physical copies. There are no statistics for digital copies.
  • testarff wrote: »
    Jagan wrote: »

Keep in mind that they only list physical copies. There are no statistics for digital copies.

Yeah indeed, but physical still exceeds digital nowadays, and for now, MEC was sold 660 000 copies....
    Bro, even with digital, Catalyst is still a serious failure. And believe me, i'm the first to be sad of that. I just spent the most beautifull hours of my life on this game.
  • testarff
    73 posts
    edited March 2
    testarff wrote: »

Yeah indeed, but physical still exceeds digital nowadays, and for now, MEC was sold 660 000 copies....
    Bro, even with digital, Catalyst is still a serious failure. And believe me, i'm the first to be sad of that. I just spent the most beautifull hours of my life on this game.

You sure about that? Try searching for "digital vs physical game sales". From what I can find, digital sales surpassed a couple of years ago, and while I couldn't find any statistics for 2016 (or 2017, obviously) the previous trend is pointing towards the amount of digital sales being even higher now.

Also, EA publicly stated that "Catalyst was meeting their expectations", so I don't think we should be too negative here.
  • In the UK, ME Catalyst got ranked the #2 best selling video game in a week(or month?) just behind Overwatch.
    So it wasn't that catastrophic.
    I am Iman.
  • Well, so it would means : if digital now exceeds physical, and seeing the crazy price of the games this month (10$ on PC, 12$ on PS4 and 16$ Xbox), maybe we're about 1,5 millions MEC at its best today.
    Maybe we can hope for DLC's @E3...
    But still not sure for a sequel. Which is sad because Catalyst is meant to be the first of a trilogy :(

But yeah, not so negative indeed, let's pray we have more <3
    In the UK, ME Catalyst got ranked the #2 best selling video game in a week(or month?) just behind Overwatch.
    So it wasn't that catastrophic.

Maybe you just live in a country with good taste ahah
  • From what I understood it surpassed sales expectations & E3 is fast approaching so all we can do is wait...
  • i certainly hope we will get some infos at the E3. waiting again for another 8 years is not on my mind.
    i certainly hope we will get some infos at the E3. waiting again for another 8 years is not on my mind.

Same to be honest, i feel they will either have asmall teaser for a sequel, or full information for large Dlc, as we have heard in a podcast that apparently the voice actors of Faith and Icarus mentioned that there was dlc... but I haven't heard it for myself, apparently others have though... lets just keep our fingers crossed...
    i certainly hope we will get some infos at the E3. waiting again for another 8 years is not on my mind.

Same to be honest, i feel they will either have asmall teaser for a sequel, or full information for large Dlc, as we have heard in a podcast that apparently the voice actors of Faith and Icarus mentioned that there was dlc... but I haven't heard it for myself, apparently others have though... lets just keep our fingers crossed...

You can listen to it here:
    metalrocks wrote: »

Gotta love Faye when she speaks in my language. :) Yup.
    I am Iman.

do you know what time specifically they said this, the podcast goes for a while...

do you know what time specifically they said this, the podcast goes for a while...

It's around the 40 minute mark :)
  • @ 40 : 37 . I don't understand the "secret" that Icarus is mentioning there. Tried looking up and down while running. What is he talking about?
    I am Iman.