/// This is an archived version of the official forums, which went offline in September 2017. Functionality is limited. Visit the Mirror's Edge Archive to learn more. ///
E3 2017??? - Page 2 — Mirror's Edge™ Catalyst Forums
Forum Closure and Move to Answers HQ - read more here!

E3 2017???

2Next

Comments

• Bird_Of_Faith
    161 posts
    edited March 9
    testarff wrote: »
    metalrocks wrote: »
    i certainly hope we will get some infos at the E3. waiting again for another 8 years is not on my mind.

Same to be honest, i feel they will either have asmall teaser for a sequel, or full information for large Dlc, as we have heard in a podcast that apparently the voice actors of Faith and Icarus mentioned that there was dlc... but I haven't heard it for myself, apparently others have though... lets just keep our fingers crossed...

You can listen to it here:

do you know what time specifically they said this, the podcast goes for a while...

It's around the 40 minute mark :)

Aahhh okay will check it out now...
  • Bird_Of_Faith
    161 posts
    edited March 9
    I'm a bit concerned, they definitely state something about DLC, but Faye says we would of heard it in the next two to three months after release, and there has been nothing, so that is why i'm wanting to see if they will announce stuff at E3... and the secret that Jeff mentions has got me very intrigued... ''what the players can look out for is a little secret, while you're parkouring through the city with faiths fluid wonderful bad*** movements, Don't forget to look down and up, because there is a lot of stuff happening straight ahead, but there is buildings you are running on, but sometimes, maybe if look over the edge, it'll be the catalyst for new excitement and adventure...''

he also stated that they don't know anything about DLC yet, but there will be cool stuff to follow... so i guess we will have to wait and see!!!
  • I'd so love another Mirror's Edge!
  • ImUrFriend wrote: »
    @ 40 : 37 . I don't understand the "secret" that Icarus is mentioning there. Tried looking up and down while running. What is he talking about?

That hint reminds me of the secret bags, particularly the ones in Regatta Bay, you can't find them if you don't look up/down.
  • Its quiet interesting indeed, don't forget to look up and down while running, it must mean something, I really want to find out, but would it necessarily be something in the actual game??? Its agood secret tho.

This may have nothing to do with it, but i read somewhere an interview with one of the Devs for mirrors edge catalyst, halfway through they diverged away from the game and started talking about battlefield and such, and the last paragraph of their speech said that Dice is working on something special that is supposedly going to be something big they are bringing to the market. im not sure if that is necessarily about mirrors edge ir something, but i guess we'll have to wait and see, Maybe at E3...
  • Indeed the actors said "next two/three months" and we're nearly a YEAR later... I'm still thinking we'll have nothing. We have to accept Mirror's Edge was a gift for us and not expect for more...
    Also : about all these "mysteries", i guess they're all talking about the famous "badger & fox" mystery that still NO-ONE has solved today. I've personnally asked Linnea Harisson (level designer) and she told me "it would be cheating, keep searching ;)".
  • Jagan wrote: »
    Indeed the actors said "next two/three months" and we're nearly a YEAR later... I'm still thinking we'll have nothing. We have to accept Mirror's Edge was a gift for us and not expect for more...
    Also : about all these "mysteries", i guess they're all talking about the famous "badger & fox" mystery that still NO-ONE has solved today. I've personnally asked Linnea Harisson (level designer) and she told me "it would be cheating, keep searching ;)".

yes indeed, but i still remain optimistic about this. if we are getting another game, its a while off before anything will be announced, at the latest it would be DLC announced this year sometime if anything, which i am hoping. DLC at this point would act like a bit of encouragement for the game to get more attention and new players, considering a DLC would definitely be a good idea, and with DLC's in gaming today, they are more likely to be larger more substantial add ons, such as new content, new skills, new areas, and new side stories, not time trial levels like the original, but i must say they weren't bad at all, even though i have never played them myself.

even if it takes a long time for the game to get more attention, im still willing to embrace whatever Dice will come up with regarding mirrors edge catalyst.
  • They also mention DLC at around 10-11 minutes if I remember correctly.
  • Jagan wrote: »
    Indeed the actors said "next two/three months" and we're nearly a YEAR later... I'm still thinking we'll have nothing. We have to accept Mirror's Edge was a gift for us and not expect for more...

Hey there, Bumped into this old thread again.
    That Badger, Fox and Triangles drawing, I think I finally got it.

Badger : TheRussianBadger
    Fox : LevelCap(TheeDesertFox)
    Triangles : Jackfrags (Look at his Yt channel logo)

This is just a clue. Especially the square logo, it reminds me of JackFrags logo at first.
    It was probably one of the devs there are working with Battlefield at the same time, and some of them really liked what the Youtubers did to make DICE an awesome games developer. Just poking at them maybe hehe.
    I am Iman.
  • Interesting, though there is the Shard glass roof as well. Do you think the triangles are saying something as one of the devs/mods on reddit gave a hint about them only being the most simple form of something...

https://www.reddit.com/r/gamedetectives/comments/5mz2rr/mirrors_edge_catalyst_hinted_puzzle/
    "Yeah yeah I'm sure the birds are real impressed Faith, but once you're done showing off think you might concentrate on some actual work?!!" - Merc
  • Interesting, though there is the Shard glass roof as well. Do you think the triangles are saying something as one of the devs/mods on reddit gave a hint about them only being the most simple form of something...

https://www.reddit.com/r/gamedetectives/comments/5mz2rr/mirrors_edge_catalyst_hinted_puzzle/

Oh ok. I was wrong.
    haha
    So I was being left out. :(
    I am Iman.
  • There wasn't anything that I knew of at e3. If I missed something please correct me
  • On the plus side, we are getting a remaster of Age of Empires. So I get new Mirror's Edge and "new" AoE. I'm happy with that ;p I'd still love for something new to come up with ME:C, but everyone is tied up with BattleFront, Battlefield, Call of Battle : Everlasting Battle, Battle Effect 4, Battalion's Creed - well ok, the last one isn't as much FPS battle but still ;-)
    "Yeah yeah I'm sure the birds are real impressed Faith, but once you're done showing off think you might concentrate on some actual work?!!" - Merc
  • On the plus side, we are getting a remaster of Age of Empires. So I get new Mirror's Edge and "new" AoE. I'm happy with that ;p I'd still love for something new to come up with ME:C, but everyone is tied up with BattleFront, Battlefield, Call of Battle : Everlasting Battle, Battle Effect 4, Battalion's Creed - well ok, the last one isn't as much FPS battle but still ;-)

Not sure about EA with the idea of remastering. When was the last time they did that?
    I am Iman.
  • I really hope we see more of mirrors edge, i miss it if there was to be more, and i hope there will be...
  • I really hope we see more of mirrors edge, i miss it if there was to be more, and i hope there will be...

Me too :/
  • Bird_Of_Faith
    161 posts
    edited July 21
    Sikboy1029 wrote: »
    I really hope we see more of mirrors edge, i miss it if there was to be more, and i hope there will be...

Me too :/

I reckon in good time we'll see something, just keep our fingers crossed i guess... plus i know for a fact that Mec was meant to be a much larger game, but they must of had a cut off point for what it had to be instead of what they intended it to be...
  • ImUrFriend wrote: »
    On the plus side, we are getting a remaster of Age of Empires. So I get new Mirror's Edge and "new" AoE. I'm happy with that ;p I'd still love for something new to come up with ME:C, but everyone is tied up with BattleFront, Battlefield, Call of Battle : Everlasting Battle, Battle Effect 4, Battalion's Creed - well ok, the last one isn't as much FPS battle but still ;-)

Not sure about EA with the idea of remastering. When was the last time they did that?

EA isn't doing Age of Empires. It's just another game I enjoy :)

That being said I'd love a remake of old Mirror's Edge with teh full story. But, I guess they won't be going there since they made Catalyst!
  • Maybe at Gamescom 2017 :smile: