/// This is an archived version of the official forums, which went offline in September 2017. Functionality is limited. Visit the Mirror's Edge Archive to learn more. ///
IDEA: Free roam with friends - Page 2 — Mirror's Edge™ Catalyst Forums

IDEA: Free roam with friends - Page 2

Forum Closure and Move to Answers HQ - read more here!

IDEA: Free roam with friends

2Next

Comments

• BlueOnix
    13 posts
    edited April 2016
    post removed.
    Post edited by EAMod_Mike on
  • BlueOnix wrote: »
    stay because I'm only just getting started.

We'll see. You've already been reported at least twice.
  • BlueOnix
    13 posts
    edited April 2016
    post removed.
    Post edited by EAMod_Mike on

I can talk to my dad who's a cop if you're gonna continue to harass me

I'm not censoring/harassing you. Giving a respectful opinion isn't against the rules. Meanwhile you're being vulgar and using hate speech? Good luck. I think we're done here.

I can talk to my dad who's a cop if you're gonna continue to harass me

I'm not censoring/harassing you. Giving a respectful opinion isn't against the rules. Meanwhile you're being vulgar and using hate speech? Good luck. I think we're done here.

Good and don't harass me again
  • Jony
    45 posts
    edited April 2016
    I wouldn't mind having a multiplayer function in Mirror's Edge Catalyst, but I'll mostly be playing the game in single player for the story.
  • Blayer98
    66 posts
    edited May 2016
    I'm going to say no to co-op free-roam. We don't need that in Mirror's Edge Catalyst. If it was to be added, we'd basically get an online version of the game that has a chance of failing. And if it did fail, the service would be terminated, and we'd have an incomplete game since then we have a feature we can no longer access.

When people are asking for these things, you have to draw the line and say "Is that really needed in such a game?" Just because your friend isn't there, doesn't mean it's not social. While they might not be there on the actual map, they are there in the system.

And since you mentioned Co-Op, if there are any missions exclusive to co-op only, if the service was to terminate at any time, you'd lose access to them, including the free-roam part which you mentioned as well. And you'd never be able to get that part of the game back, and it would somewhat make the game unplayable in a way...

I'm not saying that this is a bad idea, I just feel like it wouldn't work with this particular game, and I think many people also agree, and to be honest, I like the isolation feel of the city when you're just running around and exploring. And if you throw Multiplayer in it, it wouldn't be Faith "eager to run" Conners (lol), it would be someone who was using a Faith Conners model with a bunch of other models to represent the other players, which would be a bit silly... :lol: You also lose that isolation feel, and the actual feel of running, the feel of freedom, you'd just be following your friends, and Mirror's Edge isn't really a game where you just follow everyone, for example in the mission "Back in the Game", Faith decides to do something different, she decides to follow the mystery guy who just popped up out of nowhere and not go back to the lair, and I really love that about Catalyst.
    Post edited by Blayer98 on