/// This is an archived version of the official forums, which went offline in September 2017. Functionality is limited. Visit the Mirror's Edge Archive to learn more. ///
New name for next Mirror's Edge title — Mirror's Edge™ Catalyst Forums

New name for next Mirror's Edge title

Forum Closure and Move to Answers HQ - read more here!

New name for next Mirror's Edge title

Prev1
ImUrFriend
167 posts
edited December 2016
First its the original, then Exordium, and then Catalyst. What's next? Suggest a name folks!
Mine would be "Mirror's Edge Exiled"
I am Iman.
Post edited by ImUrFriend on

Comments

• The next title: Mirror's Edge ohnoitdoesntexistbecausethelastmirrorsedgefailedterriblythatwegaveuponthegamesoquicklyandshiftedfocusonbattlefield1sdlcs
  • i can think of a few, but to me none of mine would suit...
    Mirrors edge catalyst 2
    Mirrors edge catalyst part 2
    Mirrors edge Free Fall
    Mirrors edge Dystopian
    Mirrors edge: The Broken Glass

They're not the best either, but i like mirrors edge exiled, my favorite of mine is mirrors edge Free Fall...
  • Mirrors edge Free Fall

That actually sounds fantastic. Wow.

• mirrors edge sanctum of eden
    mirrors edge equilibrium
    mirrors edge through the looking glass
    mirrors edge broken mirror
  • metalrocks wrote: »
    This should be the name for the current one only remove the word "mirror". :P
    I am Iman.
  • ImUrFriend wrote: »
    metalrocks wrote: »

ooh, ouch. Haha come on, it's not so bad :D
    Equilibrium and Freefall are my favourite so far.
  • Bird_Of_Faith
    161 posts
    edited December 2016
    MichaelT wrote: »
    Mirrors edge Free Fall

That actually sounds fantastic. Wow.

haha thank you!! i wonder though what Dice would really call the next game if they make one, which i think they will in good time of course...
  • Mirror's Edge Freefall would be epic. I think of Exiled is because the game could take place in Aurora with Celeste's cabal. But this the story of Faith. Freefall would work... hmmm
    I am Iman.

You're wrong! ... I'm not broken...

How about Mirror's Edge Persistence or Mirror's Edge Continuum :-)
    "Yeah yeah I'm sure the birds are real impressed Faith, but once you're done showing off think you might concentrate on some actual work?!!" - Merc

lol, its not that bad. i at least had no issues what so ever.
  • ImUrFriend
    167 posts
    edited December 2016
    Okay! okay! sorry, I was joking lol...
    Post edited by ImUrFriend on
    I am Iman.
    Mirror's Edge Freefall would be epic. I think of Exiled is because the game could take place in Aurora with Celeste's cabal. But this the story of Faith. Freefall would work... hmmm

well, i thought of freefall because it necessarily feels like a word that fits this environment, a silly way i put this together is that the runners and Faith, are all free, but they can still fall down into the grasp of the conglomerate. A sequel with this name would need a deeper, even more sinister story, because free fall, like i said before, means freedom is theirs, but sometimes you have to pay a price even if it means giving it up, and even if you don't intend on doing so. Faith is such a strong character, shes full of toughness which really gives her an edgy yet serious vibe to who she is, so i feel the next game's story needs to be deeper, even sinister so it gets you in places but keeps you intrigued and eager to continue...

You're wrong! ... I'm not broken...

How about Mirror's Edge Persistence or Mirror's Edge Continuum :-)

Mirror's Edge Continuum... oooh. Has such a nice ring to it!
  • The next title: Mirror's Edge ohnoitdoesntexistbecausethelastmirrorsedgefailedterriblythatwegaveuponthegamesoquicklyandshiftedfocusonbattlefield1sdlcs

Well, that's kinda blunt, but it doesn't really work, lol.
  • One thing I'm wondering about, both stories ends up with you on the top storey (yes, yes!) of the tallest building - what will they do next? Maybe go to the next city with a new Shard?
    "Yeah yeah I'm sure the birds are real impressed Faith, but once you're done showing off think you might concentrate on some actual work?!!" - Merc
  • One thing I'm wondering about, both stories ends up with you on the top storey (yes, yes!) of the tallest building - what will they do next? Maybe go to the next city with a new Shard?

Only Sky City has The Shard. No way they're gonna make another one. It's under reconstruction by now since the explosion there. heheh.
    I am Iman.
    One thing I'm wondering about, both stories ends up with you on the top storey (yes, yes!) of the tallest building - what will they do next? Maybe go to the next city with a new Shard?

Only Sky City has The Shard. No way they're gonna make another one. It's under reconstruction by now since the explosion there. heheh.

I honestly was expecting The Shard to be available in free roam before finishing the game. Maybe there will be a dlc for it?
    One thing I'm wondering about, both stories ends up with you on the top storey (yes, yes!) of the tallest building - what will they do next? Maybe go to the next city with a new Shard?

I honestly was expecting The Shard to be available in free roam before finishing the game. Maybe there will be a dlc for it?

lol same... DLC? Well, some hoping for a new DLC, and some hoping for the sequel instead.
    I am Iman.
  • I really wouldn't bother with the name of a future part like now, it will come with main plot and as long as we and devs know nothing too about it, we cant just predict the name that will fit
  • Medium wrote: »
    I really wouldn't bother with the name of a future part like now, it will come with main plot and as long as we and devs know nothing too about it, we cant just predict the name that will fit

That's a good point- the name would have to fit the plot and purpose of the game. Although since a lot of people think it's going to be continuation of what Faith started with the Conglomerate in Catalyst, it may have a revolutionary aspect to it.
    Survival is overrated. You need to live a little too.
  • Medium wrote: »
    I really wouldn't bother with the name of a future part like now, it will come with main plot and as long as we and devs know nothing too about it, we cant just predict the name that will fit

That's a good point- the name would have to fit the plot and purpose of the game. Although since a lot of people think it's going to be continuation of what Faith started with the Conglomerate in Catalyst, it may have a revolutionary aspect to it.

Soo...
    Mirror's Edge : Revolution?
    heh
    I am Iman.
  • Mirrors edge ;knife point, for a title?
    As for DLC mirrors edge sound assault every platform we connect with makes a distinctive sound adding up to a sound that cracks the code at the end of the mission, sounds differ from level/ missions.
    As we crack the sound code we get to play back the track with maybe new tech that can possibley be obtained.
    Medium wrote: »

Soo...
    Mirror's Edge : Revolution?
    heh

Hahaha. Good one. :D
    Survival is overrated. You need to live a little too.
  • What about a wing suite for faith as a gear pack so we can take in the city while flying haha,
  • Tetrabytes wrote: »
    What about a wing suite for faith as a gear pack so we can take in the city while flying haha,

Congratulations, you just mentioned Just Cause 3. XD
    I am Iman.
  • hahah its just one of my brain farts I'm having lol,
  • Speaking about the technology, the Mag rope. Should it be in the next one? Do you even like it if they did appear in the future? I quite like the idea of flying from one place to another, but doing this type of concept, ruins the Parkour element in this game, especially if it's called Mirror's Edge. For me its a cheap way to get to another building. Much like the zipline but that's probably an excuse for it being in the first game, it's still cool!
    Idk, but do you guys like the Magrope?
    I am Iman.
  • Medium
    8 posts
    edited February 5
    Hmm, all that hi-tech sci fi stuff people use in the city doesnt make the magrope like too fancy equipment to use by runners, moreover goverment has drones, shockwave guns, nanobots, many kinds of controlling devices. A Runner has to adapt to environment, to use the technology he deals with. I want to see Faith using advanced sort of things, like hacking tools or sonar pulse to detect guards behind walls, because it could gives us more stealth missions to steal some data. It might sounds overrated and exaggerated, but it can be subtly placed in gameplay, so we couldnt use it all the time.
    If the city is made dense enough, everything founds its place.

Ps. These posts should be moved to https://forums.mirrorsedge.com/discussion/2726/think-well-get-a-mirrors-edge-3
  • Bird_Of_Faith
    161 posts
    edited February 5
    ImUrFriend wrote: »
    Speaking about the technology, the Mag rope. Should it be in the next one? Do you even like it if they did appear in the future? I quite like the idea of flying from one place to another, but doing this type of concept, ruins the Parkour element in this game, especially if it's called Mirror's Edge. For me its a cheap way to get to another building. Much like the zipline but that's probably an excuse for it being in the first game, it's still cool!
    Idk, but do you guys like the Magrope?

i feel that the magrope was a necessary condition in the city, it was an interesting take on how to get over large gaps, i don't think its an unuseful tool, in fact it adds to the movement system. one thing im glad they didn't do was make the magrope usesable on any area, they restricted it to specific points of attachment, which was good because other wise it would be blocking out most of the parkour if you could just magrope instead of using your movement in the areas that require it. in the next game, i feel the mag rope should have some more uses, for example if there is a large corner to turn around, you could propel yourself by swinging around the corner on the magrope, i feel it would also be cool if it could attach to glass panels that you can pull out and break, sort of like what you could do in the gridnodes. id also like to see some combat that uses the magrope, not sure how yet, but it would be a different way to execute combat moves.

they've got plenty of stuff they can add to the next game, next game, i want skyscrapers to be free roam-able, i want more places, bigger areas, new combat moves. the city is rich, i want to explore it more... maybe even some elements of multiplayer, id love to run around the city with a fellow runner. i just hope they can bring faith back for another adventure...
  • i can think of a few, but to me none of mine would suit...
    Mirrors edge catalyst 2
    Mirrors edge catalyst part 2
    Mirrors edge Free Fall
    Mirrors edge Dystopian
    Mirrors edge: The Broken Glass

They're not the best either, but i like mirrors edge exiled, my favorite of mine is mirrors edge Free Fall...

Hey guess what? I've found that someone had the same name idea "Freefall" 2 years ago!
    mirror_s_edge__freefall_by_uberchain-d8wq99q.png
    *Found in Deviantart*
    I am Iman.