/// This is an archived version of the official forums, which went offline in September 2017. Functionality is limited. Visit the Mirror's Edge Archive to learn more. ///
Think we'll get a Mirror's Edge 3? - Page 2 — Mirror's Edge™ Catalyst Forums

Think we'll get a Mirror's Edge 3? - Page 2

Forum Closure and Move to Answers HQ - read more here!

Think we'll get a Mirror's Edge 3?

Comments

• EA Games and DICE released it some years ago that they're going for a trilogy. Two already came out so the last one is inbound. Between the new and onld one is 8 years so I'd personally expect the new around somewhere in end-2020's
  • ParryDiise wrote: »
    g

Anyways. Runner customization and online would be cool for everyone. Right?
    aulodp866cd.png
    I am the combat master :V
    g

Anyways. Runner customization and online would be cool for everyone. Right?

I'd absolutely love that!! It'd be so fun to play!!
    ParryDiise wrote: »
    I also think the game could maybe use some cooler hacking abilities. If you saw the Watch Dogs 2 presentation at E3, you know what i'm talking about. Faith could use distractions to avoid KSEC by hacking drones and flying them into VTOLS, or hacking KSEC comms and playing extremely loud opera music until their ears bleed! I think that would bring a really cool element in the game.

That make mirror's edge not mirror's edge :V Catalyst hacking is already good and loud opera is terrible idea. We just need more mission , longer story , bigger map , More upgrade , Change XP to runner point and make it able to show with your friend , Special Online Mission and Outfit Customization.

Longer story - Add more mission and longer story

Change XP to Runner Point System - Collect Runner Point from killing krueger Sec , Infinity Delievery Mission. And use it to race with your friend Runner point.

Special Online Mission - You can play with your friend.

Outfit Customization - Use Runner Cash that you earn from the Main and Side mission or infinity Delievery mission to purchase new outfit.

Advanced Combat - Use the takedown automatic when enemy health is low

Bigger Map - Add a bigger map include The Shard (Or whatever it called in the new game)

Dynamic Weather - Rain , Fog , Sunny , Storm

Online Running - Racing,Fighting,Parkour with online people

These would be cool

I understand your opinion on this idea, but there are a lot of people who would like multiple ways, and methods to play the game. There are some people who want to fight every last KrugerSEC and cause a mess. But, there are also people who would rather avoid KrugerSEC and have their own method of playing the game. In the MEC, Faith uses shotguns (hacking tool) to steal information all of the time. It wouldn't make sense for her to not have some advanced hacking tools and abilities. And hacking would be a very vital part to the method of trying to avoid KSEC instead of fighting them.

But if faith was some kind of God at hacking it would really make characters like plastic useless. Faith isn't supposed to be a hacking expert. I think hacking like watch dogs (which is a game I love) would ruin the flow. Although if they implemented some clever ways to be more stealthy that would be great. Even if they added some more tools that'd be cool, but I think any type of hacking where you leave Faith's point of view wouldn't be good. Definitely like the cabals idea, although Idk how to reconcile cabals and multiplayer with not playing as faith. It would bug me lol.
  • Xpectakill wrote: »
    I also think the game could maybe use some cooler hacking abilities. If you saw the Watch Dogs 2 presentation at E3, you know what i'm talking about. Faith could use distractions to avoid KSEC by hacking drones and flying them into VTOLS, or hacking KSEC comms and playing extremely loud opera music until their ears bleed! I think that would bring a really cool element in the game.

That make mirror's edge not mirror's edge :V Catalyst hacking is already good and loud opera is terrible idea. We just need more mission , longer story , bigger map , More upgrade , Change XP to runner point and make it able to show with your friend , Special Online Mission and Outfit Customization.

Change XP to Runner Point System - Collect Runner Point from killing krueger Sec , Infinity Delievery Mission. And use it to race with your friend Runner point.

Outfit Customization - Use Runner Cash that you earn from the Main and Side mission or infinity Delievery mission to purchase new outfit.

Bigger Map - Add a bigger map include The Shard (Or whatever it called in the new game)

These would be cool

I understand your opinion on this idea, but there are a lot of people who would like multiple ways, and methods to play the game. There are some people who want to fight every last KrugerSEC and cause a mess. But, there are also people who would rather avoid KrugerSEC and have their own method of playing the game. In the MEC, Faith uses shotguns (hacking tool) to steal information all of the time. It wouldn't make sense for her to not have some advanced hacking tools and abilities. And hacking would be a very vital part to the method of trying to avoid KSEC instead of fighting them.

But if faith was some kind of God at hacking it would really make characters like plastic useless. Faith isn't supposed to be a hacking expert. I think hacking like watch dogs (which is a game I love) would ruin the flow. Although if they implemented some clever ways to be more stealthy that would be great. Even if they added some more tools that'd be cool, but I think any type of hacking where you leave Faith's point of view wouldn't be good. Definitely like the cabals idea, although Idk how to reconcile cabals and multiplayer with not playing as faith. It would bug me lol.

Like when I mean "more advanced hacking tools" I don't mean like an RC Car, or some sort of phone to hack into anything and everything. I mean more tools that would give Faith different ways to approach certain obstacles. But that's not really my main point. Maybe I should have phrased this better before, but I just really want different methods to approach a mission, not one exact path. I just feel that Faith could have a bit more "flair", if you will, with some interesting tools. But I think Plastic is on a whole new level of hacking. I think hacking a whole entire train system wouldn't really be something I could see Faith doing XD
    Xpectakill wrote: »

These would be cool

Like when I mean "more advanced hacking tools" I don't mean like an RC Car, or some sort of phone to hack into anything and everything. I mean more tools that would give Faith different ways to approach certain obstacles. But that's not really my main point. Maybe I should have phrased this better before, but I just really want different methods to approach a mission, not one exact path. I just feel that Faith could have a bit more "flair", if you will, with some interesting tools. But I think Plastic is on a whole new level of hacking. I think hacking a whole entire train system wouldn't really be something I could see Faith doing XD

The first game did a great job of providing various ways to achieve goals, different paths in every mission. There were tons of different ways to get around if you spent time searching and that was one of the key points that kept the game being interesting. I still play the original today and I think that's one of the reasons; there definitely needs to be more than one set path per mission. If hacking helps that, so be it.

These would be cool

The first game did a great job of providing various ways to achieve goals, different paths in every mission. There were tons of different ways to get around if you spent time searching and that was one of the key points that kept the game being interesting. I still play the original today and I think that's one of the reasons; there definitely needs to be more than one set path per mission. If hacking helps that, so be it.

Totally agree. Well said!
  • Loved the original, loved catalyst - **** I love the side-scrolling Mirror's Edge on my phone (really underrated).... I'm definitely sold on a 3rd full game! :)
    bPo7KHy.png
  • Funny how nobody ever mentioned about Celeste and her sis. Why not make Mirror's Edge 3 a game about runners and not just focusing on Faith? I mean, DICE should make Celeste also a playable character and then we are able to switch places between Aurora and Glass or maybe some other places where runners exist. That way it'll make the game bigger. And more stories of course.
    I am Iman.
  • ImUrFriend wrote: »
    Funny how nobody ever mentioned about Celeste and her sis. Why not make Mirror's Edge 3 a game about runners and not just focusing on Faith? I mean, DICE should make Celeste also a playable character and then we are able to switch places between Aurora and Glass or maybe some other places where runners exist. That way it'll make the game bigger. And more stories of course.
    This would be amazing, though not necessarily as playing as Celeste. I feel like being able to go to another city in Cascadia would be amazing, and maybe being able to see other characters there, such as Celeste in Aurora, would be great. I know many people mainly want more districts in glass to go to, but imagine if we could go to the other cities!
  • They should do a "Dying Light" type-thing. You know, where they continued the story with a huge DLC. Except Mirror's Edge should have many because there is a lot of Glass yet to be explored, not to mention the other cities and countries.
  • They should do a "Dying Light" type-thing. You know, where they continued the story with a huge DLC. Except Mirror's Edge should have many because there is a lot of Glass yet to be explored, not to mention the other cities and countries.

I definitely want some Catalyst DLC, but I don't want the story to be continued with HEAPS of DLC. I think the main plot should be left as it is and expansion on subplots about other characters should be the DLC; if the actual main storyline is going to be expanded, we need Mirror's Edge 3.
  • Chidomaru wrote: »
    Loved the original, loved catalyst - **** I love the side-scrolling Mirror's Edge on my phone (really underrated).... I'm definitely sold on a 3rd full game! :)

Interesting that you mention the phone game- nobody ever acknowledges it! That game was excellent, it wasn't first-person but it was so fluid, easy and interesting. The story was better than the actual Mirror's Edge game too, in my opinion. That was one of my favourite interpretations of the parkour style game and I'd like to see more of that too.
  • Interesting that you mention the phone game- nobody ever acknowledges it! That game was excellent, it wasn't first-person but it was so fluid, easy and interesting. The story was better than the actual Mirror's Edge game too, in my opinion. That was one of my favourite interpretations of the parkour style game and I'd like to see more of that too.

A mobile game has a story? WAT
    I am Iman.
  • Anyway, If you noticed, Catalyst's story is one big copycat version from the first game and heavily modified. Of course, to do this, they simply add more forgetful characters, change their names abit, add more places and districts, and add more dragging missions just to make the game abit longer. And the theme is exactly the same. The ending is the same as well. The corporate company is heavily affected, a new idealogy is created, and Faith is the known catalyst of the rebellion.

I'm predicting this and by a huge chance, that in the next Mirror's Edge game, the citizens/employs will soon fight for their freedom. Cat will probably leave her "Isabel" name and KrugerSec will dissolve. In the first game there will be New November, in Catalyst, there's Black November.
    If this is really happening, then I'll soon begin not to understand why DICE had to reboot this game's series. Because it will have the exact same ending story.
    I am Iman.
  • The phone game "not available in your country" and there is some internet one that doesn't even work.

Also regarding "reboots" FreeSpace 2 was basically an upgraded FS1 with similar story mechanics but they managed to continue a story rather than reboot it. Games generally you can pick the ending anyway :-)
    "Yeah yeah I'm sure the birds are real impressed Faith, but once you're done showing off think you might concentrate on some actual work?!!" - Merc
  • sonicnerd14
    124 posts
    edited October 2016
    Removed for violating EA TOS
    Post edited by EAMod_Mike on

Most definitely, they would be doing us fans a disservice if they didn't expand the story in this game. To **** if they are already working on a sequel, it maybe another 3 to 4 years before we see that. Focus on what they have no, which was much, but more than the first, and expand on that. I for one would definitely like to see more of the lower city in certain parts, as that was hardly explored. Mostly to keep NPC count down, but that's kind what's made this game a downer in some parts. If the game isn't going to really be as speedrunable as the first was at least make up for it by make a better story. Which is what I thought was going to happen with this game, but it almost fell as flat as the first. Honestly, I think DICE still might not know what they are doing with the franchise, and that's an issue.
  • sonicnerd14
    124 posts
    edited October 2016
    Removed for violating EA TOS

Post edited by EAMod_Mike on

These would be cool

I too do feel like the paths in each mission were more restricted than the first game, but honestly the first game didn't really have tons of paths either. Everything was always lead in one direction, but you had different routes that could generally get you to where you are going faster than others. Having different paths would be like seeing the game change according to which path you took to get there. The perspective you have on the story could be slightly different depending on the way you took, but the end game would still end up being very similar more or less. That is kind of what I envisioned if ME ever got a sequel, and there are somethings DICE did in this game that I wanted to see in a sequel. For example, grappling hooks, or other gadgets in general besides just guns, and smoother movement, specifically swinging around corners was something I thought would be a nice touch to make the movement more genuine and authentic, and I'm glad that was actually implemented along with other parkour animations. Really DICE needs someone who understands narrative design, level design, and gameplay design to make another ME game really true to form, and this game just didn't quite have it all. I still enjoyed it nonetheless, and I hope they expand on it with DLC, otherwise catalyst would be a waste of potential.
  • Conclusion : We definitely want another 1 , just don't take 8 years ffs , but of course don't rush it either lol . Mirror's Edge is one of my all time favs , the music the atmosphere is 10/10
  • Conclusion : We definitely want another 1 , just don't take 8 years ffs , but of course don't rush it either lol . Mirror's Edge is one of my all time favs , the music the atmosphere is 10/10

yes, certainly not 8 years again. agree with the atmosphere and the music. listening to the soundtrack a lot. especially since it's over 5 hours long.
  • I feel they should create a DLC, add a few more districts, mini story line to follow via missions, missions given by important characters following their backgrounds ect... more or even new collectibles, more moves for faiths move set and combat... it would fill in the gap before they announce a sequel, if ever. They need time to think of a story, where it will take place, and what they would add to it. There's still a year, if not 2 years i reckon before they would want to announce anything as a sequel... the Dlc would bide them time so they can workout the future of a sequel... this is just what i think they could do, but maybe they would just like to announce a sequel sooner than we think, but i think it's extremely important that they continue this story and franchise, it would be so good!!! They have that potential still!!!
  • Don't get me wrong, I really hope there is dlc for Catalyst and a Mirror's Edge 3. I really do, I bought the collector's edition for Catalyst. However, I would really like if they created a 'trilogy pack' for the original game. If you remember, they wanted Mirrors Edge to be a trilogy so what if they finished it with a remake of ME1 and an all new 2 and 3. I wouldn't want it with frostbite as it would ruin the feel. It needs the unreal engine. I would really like that. Just imagine traversing around the city at night with the silhouette of the shard in the background. It's the city lit up in blue in the shard mission at the end of Mirrors Edge 1.

• This was a few days ago, she might have just used the tag because she enjoyed working on the game, though
  • ImUrFriend
    167 posts
    edited November 2016
    Sikboy1029 wrote: »

This was a few days ago, she might have just used the tag because she enjoyed working on the game, though

lol. Even her Facebook Cover pic shows the game art itself.
    Is it me or she really do look similar to Faith? Wow DICE know how to pick Actresses.
    I am Iman.
  • Maybe she did the movements? or voice actor .
    "Yeah yeah I'm sure the birds are real impressed Faith, but once you're done showing off think you might concentrate on some actual work?!!" - Merc
  • She did the voice, she used the #mirrorsedgethegame tag and the pic is recent, that's why I posted it
  • testarff
    73 posts
    edited November 2016
    ImUrFriend wrote: »
    Sikboy1029 wrote: »

This was a few days ago, she might have just used the tag because she enjoyed working on the game, though

lol. Even her Facebook Cover pic shows the game art itself.
    Is it me or she really do look similar to Faith? Wow DICE know how to pick Actresses.

She did motion capture for the game, so obviously that will look better if they model Faith after her which I assume they did. A lot of video games have their characters modelled after their voice actors these days.
  • lol.. I know she did the voice acting, but not for Faith's facial features for sure cause they took the design from the Original Faith. But this time she does look similar to the final version of Faith. If you notice her skin colour is also taken from Faye's colour as well.
    I am Iman.