/// This is an archived version of the official forums, which went offline in September 2017. Functionality is limited. Visit the Mirror's Edge Archive to learn more. ///
Think we'll get a Mirror's Edge 3? - Page 5 — Mirror's Edge™ Catalyst Forums

Think we'll get a Mirror's Edge 3? - Page 5

Forum Closure and Move to Answers HQ - read more here!

Think we'll get a Mirror's Edge 3?

Comments

• i think that catalyst was a step in the right direction, a good, great, first step. They made an amazing game, it was a good game which had awesome doable parkour features, great graphics and cool features like the billboards and Dashes, player points, etc. However, the combat mechanic was.. OK, it is great on requiring people to use there surroundings, like how i push the enemies off a bridge, or over a bar rail. however, what is not good is that the fights don't flow, if there was a way to make the moves flow into each other and to have combo attacks like the stun attack would be great in a mirrors edge 3. what i didn't like was the time confusion, the original game had was modern helicopters, regular rifles and regular trucks and police cars, so then a prequel comes along then faiths sister is completely different and seems a lot more annoying, the tech looks like a halo level and the ability to chose weapons is completely gone including melee weapons. just adding those back and explaining the tech gap, like have an emp or a virus released in the city as black November or something in order to bridge the gap in the story. maybe have it go "faith is running from k sec when a blast is heard and a wave of energy fires through the city with electrical sparks sparking along the metal. then you spend the game running around while k-sec is being held responsible for the blast which you are investigating while helping, Isabel kruger helps faith find out what was happening while the citizens are rioting against k sec and stuff (as black November said their goal was in this game). in the end the people start a new government run by pope (the guy who was killed in mirrors edge 1) and a police department is created by the people with one of its members being Catherine conners. then when the low grade version of the grid is restarted in the rebuilt shard you have the people begin to be monitored under the guise of protecting against another attack which will never come. then end with a hurt faith after Icarus either is killed by the new gov. leading to the name project Icarus, or him leaving glass for some reason (to return at a later date). Then, after the credits, have her meet merc who is rebuilding the runners after a massacure during these two prequals (catalyst and 3) in order to set the story line of the original game in motion
  • blackbird wrote: »
    i think that catalyst was a step in the right direction, a good, great, first step. They made an amazing game, it was a good game which had awesome doable parkour features, great graphics and cool features like the billboards and Dashes, player points, etc. However, the combat mechanic was.. OK, it is great on requiring people to use there surroundings, like how i push the enemies off a bridge, or over a bar rail. however, what is not good is that the fights don't flow, if there was a way to make the moves flow into each other and to have combo attacks like the stun attack would be great in a mirrors edge 3. what i didn't like was the time confusion, the original game had was modern helicopters, regular rifles and regular trucks and police cars, so then a prequel comes along then faiths sister is completely different and seems a lot more annoying, the tech looks like a halo level and the ability to chose weapons is completely gone including melee weapons. just adding those back and explaining the tech gap, like have an emp or a virus released in the city as black November or something in order to bridge the gap in the story. maybe have it go "faith is running from k sec when a blast is heard and a wave of energy fires through the city with electrical sparks sparking along the metal. then you spend the game running around while k-sec is being held responsible for the blast which you are investigating while helping, Isabel kruger helps faith find out what was happening while the citizens are rioting against k sec and stuff (as black November said their goal was in this game). in the end the people start a new government run by pope (the guy who was killed in mirrors edge 1) and a police department is created by the people with one of its members being Catherine conners. then when the low grade version of the grid is restarted in the rebuilt shard you have the people begin to be monitored under the guise of protecting against another attack which will never come. then end with a hurt faith after Icarus either is killed by the new gov. leading to the name project Icarus, or him leaving glass for some reason (to return at a later date). Then, after the credits, have her meet merc who is rebuilding the runners after a massacure during these two prequals (catalyst and 3) in order to set the story line of the original game in motion

I understand your point, but catalyst isn't a prequel, and dice has said that many times, its mire like a reboot, or a rebirth they like to call it, to explain simply, it's basically like a new start at the franchise, faith is still there, but she's different, its got nothing to do with the first game, so theres no tech gap, catalyst is how dice basically wants mirrors edge to really be, so they made it into a rebirth, like a new start.
  • blackbird wrote: »
    i think that catalyst was a step in the right direction, a good, great, first step. They made an amazing game, it was a good game which had awesome doable parkour features, great graphics and cool features like the billboards and Dashes, player points, etc. However, the combat mechanic was.. OK, it is great on requiring people to use there surroundings, like how i push the enemies off a bridge, or over a bar rail. however, what is not good is that the fights don't flow, if there was a way to make the moves flow into each other and to have combo attacks like the stun attack would be great in a mirrors edge 3. what i didn't like was the time confusion, the original game had was modern helicopters, regular rifles and regular trucks and police cars, so then a prequel comes along then faiths sister is completely different and seems a lot more annoying, the tech looks like a halo level and the ability to chose weapons is completely gone including melee weapons. just adding those back and explaining the tech gap, like have an emp or a virus released in the city as black November or something in order to bridge the gap in the story. maybe have it go "faith is running from k sec when a blast is heard and a wave of energy fires through the city with electrical sparks sparking along the metal. then you spend the game running around while k-sec is being held responsible for the blast which you are investigating while helping, Isabel kruger helps faith find out what was happening while the citizens are rioting against k sec and stuff (as black November said their goal was in this game). in the end the people start a new government run by pope (the guy who was killed in mirrors edge 1) and a police department is created by the people with one of its members being Catherine conners. then when the low grade version of the grid is restarted in the rebuilt shard you have the people begin to be monitored under the guise of protecting against another attack which will never come. then end with a hurt faith after Icarus either is killed by the new gov. leading to the name project Icarus, or him leaving glass for some reason (to return at a later date). Then, after the credits, have her meet merc who is rebuilding the runners after a massacure during these two prequals (catalyst and 3) in order to set the story line of the original game in motion

Your concept idea sounds great. Clever thinking btw, but sorry to say that Catalyst is a new world. Besides, have you read the Prequel comics for the original ME? That is the earliest known timeline in the ME lore.
    I am Iman.
  • As much as I would love to see one, I think it will be a while until the next game comes out. Catalyst took super long, and yet there are still lots of issues that have yet to be fixed. What we need is a game like Catalyst, but with more variety in game play, story, and exploration. They would also need to fix the graphical issues, which Catalyst has a lot of. Don't get me wrong, when the game is running the way it should, it's a beautiful, fun and expansive game to play for hours. But when it isn't running correctly, it's just kinda... Meh. So take however long Catalyst took to make and multiply it by 1.5 and you'll have Mirror's Edge 3. Honestly, I wouldn't even mind if they just remade Catalyst and just made it bigger and more stable, with a longer and easier to understand story.
  • I remember playing ME as a kid and loving it, getting over 200 hours on it, just replaying over and over. I was so excited to hear they were making a new game just last year and now I've been checking game news sites seeing if anything has been announced since the week before. To no avail I still haven't seen anything. I love playing the games they are well put together and smooth animations. I think it would be nice to see another game come out in the series or even a small DLC for ME:C. I'll keep checking in each week to see if something new is to come out for ME:C. Hoping...
  • I think it would be best if they have two teams- one which is long-term for focusing on the sequel, and another smaller one which produces DLC, to keep feeding customers a little bit of the Mirror's Edge world while we wait for the next full game? In that way we won't be too starved like we were before Catalyst came out.
    Survival is overrated. You need to live a little too.
  • I think it would be best if they have two teams- one which is long-term for focusing on the sequel, and another smaller one which produces DLC, to keep feeding customers a little bit of the Mirror's Edge world while we wait for the next full game? In that way we won't be too starved like we were before Catalyst came out.

agreed, i know that they have been completely inactive from release, i feel this either means they generally have nothing to say, or they are waiting for the right time to finally announce something else , such as DLC or a sequel. if anything, i feel that this June during E3 they will announce a DLC for us.
  • I think Mirror's Edge Catalyst was envisioned since the start as a "side" licence in Dice studio to see where it would go to modern day. I think they've never planned anything for DLC and you just don't "invent" DLC suddenly to a game, it's usually content thought well before as a possible expansion and it should have things to actually offer than just expanding level (like weapons, capacities, tools, side quests) and I don't think ME:C was fit to that kind of possible expansion in the future.

I think dice put a step in the right Direction with Catalyst, the first person movement have never felt more amazing than in any other game. This is the pinacle of fluidity and movement that serves the gameplay and allow absolutely true player's freedom.
    The next game rather than revolutionized another time the genre should focus on improving the dead areas:
    -Story, Faith to be honest has the capacity to become one of the most memorable character to game history, she has the look, the attitude (when she doesn't do overly acted drama and crying) and the motive by facing a broken political system and walk on the edge as an alternative. The story needs proper development that cares about the player being introduced into the world. You can't just throw random people and possible backstory and expect us to eat it. ME:C started on the wrong foot as a "sequel" to something that never happened with characters the player don't know but faith does which created disconnection. Faith needs to progress as the player progress and not ahead with prior informations that the player doesn't have. And please, just write something that everybody understands with a beginning, a middle and an end. I'm not asking for something **** or too simple but at least comprehensible which makes sense and doesn't try too hard to be original over the top especially when it's not working (i.e. Your Sister kind of thing and all the drama for nothing that doesn't fit the mood of the game at all. If you want drama you have to make it work, don't throw us a conversation with Nomad in two cinematic saying "faith's care about him cos family" to then kill him. It doesn't work and it never will. Same when faith's crying near the end).
    -Open World, more polished, probably "less" spread up but more refined playing with more vertical areas and widening the range of variety so it escapes the generic aspect some locations of the game had. It could also open more organic linearity (not saying the game should be organic, but it shouldn't be too open nor to linear) to the game as opposed to the complete open world asking for back and forth of the players in the same areas multiples time (story wise). More interaction with the city that feels "alive" and not a dead machine spawned with sprites for background NPC and a few people behind the windows. There's truly something to do about this "alive" city having CSec roam around and not just triggered when you're on camera. You could also play with infiltrated cops in the crowd or things like that (just suggesting to see what are the possibilities it opens to have more interaction with people). Also, cabales... give us something more than this dead grey flat copy / pasted room that only serves to teleport.
    -Skill tree, so it's not a senseless skill tree that doesn't make sense at all of how you unlock but gets something that has actually meaning behind it.
    -Maybe touch up a little the combat so the "shield" isn't a shield but a capacity to avoid bullets and bullets SHOULD BE DEADLY. Or have people fire electrical bullet to stunt if you don't want Kruger Sec to kill people, I don't know...
    -Side Missions, please work just a bit on that. I'm not asking over the top Witcher's 3 Side mission but if the "chipset" you have to find could at least "be in rewarding areas" and not just randomly spread here and there through the map I would be glad. The secret bags and documents felt right, why not the chipset? Maybe have also few side missions expand a bit more the universe and work a bit on your cinematic. Not too much but not too less, just the right amount.

If that could be just done, that would be fantastic, there's so much right in the game already: Soundtrack, Gameplay, Design, Engine Capacities, Universe & Mythology, Maps, Characters. I just wish they could now improve instead of starting again from scratch!
  • I think Mirror's Edge Catalyst was envisioned since the start as a "side" licence in Dice studio to see where it would go to modern day. I think they've never planned anything for DLC and you just don't "invent" DLC suddenly to a game

Boy are you way off, the voice actors themselves said they were working on DLC like 2 months after the release, although it may have been canned, we'll see at E3.

• Sikboy1029 wrote: »
    I think Mirror's Edge Catalyst was envisioned since the start as a "side" licence in Dice studio to see where it would go to modern day. I think they've never planned anything for DLC and you just don't "invent" DLC suddenly to a game

Boy are you way off, the voice actors themselves said they were working on DLC like 2 months after the release, although it may have been canned, we'll see at E3.

May be due to player's chart in the game then, you need an actual wide population to hope people will buy it and EA knows it.
    It could also be more secure to keep the money to develop another game rather than making unsure DLC in a game that sees very little perspective of expansion. ME:C story was by far the weakest point so... DLC would have felt a bit out of place. Then if they made a DLC just full of more collectible, I'm sure people would have been ****.
    I think Mirror's Edge Catalyst was envisioned since the start as a "side" licence in Dice studio to see where it would go to modern day. I think they've never planned anything for DLC and you just don't "invent" DLC suddenly to a game

May be due to player's chart in the game then, you need an actual wide population to hope people will buy it and EA knows it.
    It could also be more secure to keep the money to develop another game rather than making unsure DLC in a game that sees very little perspective of expansion. ME:C story was by far the weakest point so... DLC would have felt a bit out of place. Then if they made a DLC just full of more collectible, I'm sure people would have been ****.

i see where you are coming from, but a DLC doesn't just have to be story related. the weak point of catalyst was definitely its story, i agree with that, but if there is going to be a DLC, i would imagine they would populate characters such as Icarus, plastic, Rebecca and even Beatrix Bloch with fairly hefty backstories in the form of side missions, and maybe even some regarding Faith's sister, and of course, the expansion of the map, opening the city up would be great in a DLC regardless, adding more districts and such. more skills, maybe, and of course more collectibles, because even though the collectibles were simple, they still somewhat provided a small yet fun challenge.

to me, i think a DLC would boost catalyst far, giving it more attention, because personally i feel the feed back they have gotten on catalyst isn't enough to formulate a full working plan for a sequel just yet, but eventually, guess we have to wait until E3...
  • So what it all boils down to is waiting for E3. **** ...
  • I think Mirror's Edge Catalyst was envisioned since the start as a "side" licence in Dice studio to see where it would go to modern day. I think they've never planned anything for DLC and you just don't "invent" DLC suddenly to a game, it's usually content thought well before as a possible expansion and it should have things to actually offer than just expanding level (like weapons, capacities, tools, side quests) and I don't think ME:C was fit to that kind of possible expansion in the future.

I think dice put a step in the right Direction with Catalyst, the first person movement have never felt more amazing than in any other game. This is the pinacle of fluidity and movement that serves the gameplay and allow absolutely true player's freedom.
    The next game rather than revolutionized another time the genre should focus on improving the dead areas:
    -Story, Faith to be honest has the capacity to become one of the most memorable character to game history, she has the look, the attitude (when she doesn't do overly acted drama and crying) and the motive by facing a broken political system and walk on the edge as an alternative. The story needs proper development that cares about the player being introduced into the world. You can't just throw random people and possible backstory and expect us to eat it. ME:C started on the wrong foot as a "sequel" to something that never happened with characters the player don't know but faith does which created disconnection. Faith needs to progress as the player progress and not ahead with prior informations that the player doesn't have. And please, just write something that everybody understands with a beginning, a middle and an end. I'm not asking for something **** or too simple but at least comprehensible which makes sense and doesn't try too hard to be original over the top especially when it's not working (i.e. Your Sister kind of thing and all the drama for nothing that doesn't fit the mood of the game at all. If you want drama you have to make it work, don't throw us a conversation with Nomad in two cinematic saying "faith's care about him cos family" to then kill him. It doesn't work and it never will. Same when faith's crying near the end).
    -Open World, more polished, probably "less" spread up but more refined playing with more vertical areas and widening the range of variety so it escapes the generic aspect some locations of the game had. It could also open more organic linearity (not saying the game should be organic, but it shouldn't be too open nor to linear) to the game as opposed to the complete open world asking for back and forth of the players in the same areas multiples time (story wise). More interaction with the city that feels "alive" and not a dead machine spawned with sprites for background NPC and a few people behind the windows. There's truly something to do about this "alive" city having CSec roam around and not just triggered when you're on camera. You could also play with infiltrated cops in the crowd or things like that (just suggesting to see what are the possibilities it opens to have more interaction with people). Also, cabales... give us something more than this dead grey flat copy / pasted room that only serves to teleport.
    -Skill tree, so it's not a senseless skill tree that doesn't make sense at all of how you unlock but gets something that has actually meaning behind it.
    -Maybe touch up a little the combat so the "shield" isn't a shield but a capacity to avoid bullets and bullets SHOULD BE DEADLY. Or have people fire electrical bullet to stunt if you don't want Kruger Sec to kill people, I don't know...
    -Side Missions, please work just a bit on that. I'm not asking over the top Witcher's 3 Side mission but if the "chipset" you have to find could at least "be in rewarding areas" and not just randomly spread here and there through the map I would be glad. The secret bags and documents felt right, why not the chipset? Maybe have also few side missions expand a bit more the universe and work a bit on your cinematic. Not too much but not too less, just the right amount.

If that could be just done, that would be fantastic, there's so much right in the game already: Soundtrack, Gameplay, Design, Engine Capacities, Universe & Mythology, Maps, Characters. I just wish they could now improve instead of starting again from scratch!

Yeah, I agree about the cabals and the storyline. I want to know more about other Runners in Glass, especially since we see them around practising or in their lairs, and help them out during diversions or interventions. It'd be great to get to know them on a personal level. Then we'll be more connected with the people Faith is fighting for, because let's not forget that Runners are deviants from the Conglomerate too.
    A DLC which allows us to see Celeste and Avani in their new city would be great. I'd love to play out Rebecca's backstory, and see more about her friendship with Martin and Erika Connors. The history of Birdman would also be a good idea- I felt that they built him up and then let his character down with not enough screen time in the final cut of the game.
    What you said about getting to know characters through Faith's eyes is also true. I feel that we knew characters such as Icarus, Plastic, Aline and Rebecca better than we knew Nomad and even Noah, to an extent. Because we meet them at the same time as Faith, and this makes the relationship development resonate even more.
  • Freaty
    1 posts
    edited June 4
    Mirror's edge is the game series I want a sequel most besides Half-Life and Fallout...unfortunately it didn't seem to have sold well. It is underrated, despite catalyst still has lots of flaws, it should have received better reviews. The unique concepts and art styles are never meant for mainstream players, however, and as much as I appreciate the game, its sequel is not likely to sell well either, even with its problems all fixed. Still, I've been craving for something new about the series, at least give us a DLC--it doesn't have to be something big, even some small maps for speed run would be appreciated. I hope I can see Mirror's Edge shine again.
  • Freaty wrote: »
    Mirror's edge is the game series I want a sequel most besides Half-Life and Fallout...unfortunately it didn't seem to have sold well. It is underrated, despite catalyst still has lots of flaws, it should have received better reviews. The unique concepts and art styles are never meant for mainstream players, however, and as much as I appreciate the game, its sequel is not likely to sell well either, even with its problems all fixed. Still, I've been craving for something new about the series, at least give us a DLC--it doesn't have to be something big, even some small maps for speed run would be appreciated. I hope I can see Mirror's Edge shine again.

I agree- I think MEC deserved much better than the mixed reviews some critics were giving it. Definitely one of the more interesting and eye-catching games of 2016.

I agree- I think MEC deserved much better than the mixed reviews some critics were giving it. Definitely one of the more interesting and eye-catching games of 2016.

I'm sure that in the future, a mirrors edge 3 will happen, i find it hard to believe that they could just give up so easily because mirrors edge isn't like your normal game, you don't see many games with the same concept, or maybe even art style and music style, everything about mirrors edge is unique, and i feel people have failed to see that mirrors edge deserves way more then what the critics have already given. critics are meant to give an overall view on the game, wouldn't you find it hard though to make a review, when there are so many different opinions on the game??? the point is, no one really needs to listen to critics, personally, i don't, i judge a game on other people playing it, no matter what they say about it. Mirror's Edge Catalyst should not be a game that you throw into a list of games that people THINK won't ever again be successful, with the games potential, it can become something still. there is no point when you have the foundation to not build up from it again, and I'm not saying that they will produce the most utter perfect game, because in reality, no game is ever perfect, there is always something, whether it may be from a serious glitch, to cringe dialogue... what people still fail to see is that Dice as a large gaming company actually put the effort in, its visible, its not like they had everything sorted for the game in the first few weeks of making it, things take time, and in time Dice will hopefully grant us with some more Faith, and i reckon they will!!!
  • Veldrin
    12 posts
    edited June 15
    Catalyst did something better, but many things wrong. I believe without open world and without ropes and skill tree stuff a ME3 will be a success. The pacing in ME1 was so good. They forgot that in MEC when they thought about doing it open world and with super crazy speacial moves and upgrades, rather than lovely designed levels with pacing in mind. Also they need to bring back the puzzle passages. The story and characters had more charme in ME1, therefore MEC had cutscenes rather than a comic strip.
  • ME1 was linear and well integrated the linear progression of the player. It's just so bad the story (and the characters as a result) didn't follow. There were slightly more developed than catalyst but only because it was a much more important focus, otherwise Faith, Celeste, Ropeburn... were all pretty weak with the pinacle being faith sister which is the whole goal of the game. The twist with Celeste feels unmotivated, Icarus reveal just doesn't feel like something secret at all (and to be honest, it sounds incredibly **** => secret project to take down runners is to train down runners to hunt runners... Lawlz? Sounds like Mass Effect Leviathan "We created AI so it would solve the solution and stop AI from killing organic and as a solution AI found to kill organic... Lawlz!!).
    Yeah nice sequences and pacing but utterly scripted and has very low replay value as a result concerning parkour which is bad considering it's a parkour game about someone doing parkour as a mean to evolve.
    Great in 2008 but it's 2017. Not saying Catalyst didn't have weakness, I'm sadden that it did have the same weakness the first game had while improving some areas there were also other areas that were a letdown.

The rope doesn't adds up much, true, but, on the opposite, I think the game greatly benefit from the open world to navigate the character than a flat 1 dimensional corridor with a door at the entrance, one at the exit and a crate in the middle of the corridor you have to jump XD (and that's where ME1 feels utterly weak now). These kind of corridor situations feels nice when the corridor adds something to the story which is truly not the case of ME (and Dice's game in general) they make great gameplay experience but still lack the craftsman of a great single player campaign in terms of storytelling development and characters.

I'm ok for linear single player but the story really has to deliver some triple AAA game story. If not I'd rather have a nice small story with an open world sandbox of parkour. What's really needed for a next step though is to introduce us to the runner's world and not just say "faith is a runner, they are like family deal with it" for a third time because I'm going to be like "nope". And please, no narration at the opening sequence, it feels amateurish for gaming, makes us want to discover the universe you've created, don't put it in our face with a FAQ list narrated.

I'm sure that in the future, a mirrors edge 3 will happen, i find it hard to believe that they could just give up so easily because mirrors edge isn't like your normal game, you don't see many games with the same concept, or maybe even art style and music style, everything about mirrors edge is unique, and i feel people have failed to see that mirrors edge deserves way more then what the critics have already given. critics are meant to give an overall view on the game, wouldn't you find it hard though to make a review, when there are so many different opinions on the game??? the point is, no one really needs to listen to critics, personally, i don't, i judge a game on other people playing it, no matter what they say about it. Mirror's Edge Catalyst should not be a game that you throw into a list of games that people THINK won't ever again be successful, with the games potential, it can become something still. there is no point when you have the foundation to not build up from it again, and I'm not saying that they will produce the most utter perfect game, because in reality, no game is ever perfect, there is always something, whether it may be from a serious glitch, to cringe dialogue... what people still fail to see is that Dice as a large gaming company actually put the effort in, its visible, its not like they had everything sorted for the game in the first few weeks of making it, things take time, and in time Dice will hopefully grant us with some more Faith, and i reckon they will!!!

Well said. I couldn't agree more.
  • ME1 was linear and well integrated the linear progression of the player. It's just so bad the story (and the characters as a result) didn't follow. There were slightly more developed than catalyst but only because it was a much more important focus, otherwise Faith, Celeste, Ropeburn... were all pretty weak with the pinacle being faith sister which is the whole goal of the game. The twist with Celeste feels unmotivated, Icarus reveal just doesn't feel like something secret at all (and to be honest, it sounds incredibly **** => secret project to take down runners is to train down runners to hunt runners... Lawlz? Sounds like Mass Effect Leviathan "We created AI so it would solve the solution and stop AI from killing organic and as a solution AI found to kill organic... Lawlz!!).
    Yeah nice sequences and pacing but utterly scripted and has very low replay value as a result concerning parkour which is bad considering it's a parkour game about someone doing parkour as a mean to evolve.
    Great in 2008 but it's 2017. Not saying Catalyst didn't have weakness, I'm sadden that it did have the same weakness the first game had while improving some areas there were also other areas that were a letdown.

The rope doesn't adds up much, true, but, on the opposite, I think the game greatly benefit from the open world to navigate the character than a flat 1 dimensional corridor with a door at the entrance, one at the exit and a crate in the middle of the corridor you have to jump XD (and that's where ME1 feels utterly weak now). These kind of corridor situations feels nice when the corridor adds something to the story which is truly not the case of ME (and Dice's game in general) they make great gameplay experience but still lack the craftsman of a great single player campaign in terms of storytelling development and characters.

I'm ok for linear single player but the story really has to deliver some triple AAA game story. If not I'd rather have a nice small story with an open world sandbox of parkour. What's really needed for a next step though is to introduce us to the runner's world and not just say "faith is a runner, they are like family deal with it" for a third time because I'm going to be like "nope". And please, no narration at the opening sequence, it feels amateurish for gaming, makes us want to discover the universe you've created, don't put it in our face with a FAQ list narrated.

I felt that ME1 was a bit short- there were only 9 chapters (10 if you include the Prologue), and although MEC's main story was about the same length, it had much more to offer than ME1 in the way of side missions, collectibles and multiplayer challenges. However in MEC the pacing at the beginning of the story was good, then it seemed to go off on a tangent somewhere in the middle- so much so that you'd look at the beginning of the story and then the end and think "How did I get here?"
    I agree with your point about how characters should be introduced- the only character that players met at the same time as Faith was Icarus, thus we're able to better experience and understand their growing relationship. And somehow I didn't feel the same connection with Noah as I did with Mercury in ME1.
  • Just started playing 2 and I'm hooked. Nearly as good as Portal2 x Tombraider
  • Remember ME1 was also rushed out and that the story may have been shortened a bit :)
    "Yeah yeah I'm sure the birds are real impressed Faith, but once you're done showing off think you might concentrate on some actual work?!!" - Merc
  • Remember ME1 was also rushed out and that the story may have been shortened a bit :)

I thought the game was being played out safely? Eg: in the final chapter you're supposed to fight lots of enemies but then at the very last moment before the game went into production, they removed it.
    But still, these precautions were done far better than what they've done with Catalyst. It needs more polishing.
    I am Iman.
  • All I can say is I really hope we get a ME3. I loved both games. Or at least a big DLC expansion to the story. To me, MEC was everything good about the first one, only better. The running and parkour is way smoother than the first, the graphics are way better, the combat is leaps and bounds better. In the first, Faith seemed really robotic and monotone and unappealing. She seems to have more life in MEC. The only thing I'll say is the first one had a certain feel that MEC failed to capture. But honestly, that's probably just because it took so long for MEC to be released that everyone had drilled in their mind how Mirror's Edge is supposed to be. I don't think there is anything the devs could have done with MEC where most people wouldn't be saying how much it sucks in reviews. I wish the online community didn't give it such a bad rep and people would just play the game for what it is, and realize that it's actually really good. And 'Still Alive' has gotta be one of the best video game theme songs of all time. The theme for MEC is alright, but nothing by comparison. I love both games, and really hope for another within the next few years.
  • He guys, EA just announced a public conference for Gamescom 2017.
    We all know editors make smaller announcements after E3, so maybe we'll have a little surprise...? I mean a DLC.

Let's remember :
    • Hidden playable places have been found with glitches
    • Scenes in trailers that not appear in the game
    • Voice actors that have been seen in the studio AFTER the game release

Also i talked with the level designer of the game who told me a sort of "maybe" to my question about additionnal content.
    Last chance for us :o
  • Jagan wrote: »
    He guys, EA just announced a public conference for Gamescom 2017.
    We all know editors make smaller announcements after E3, so maybe we'll have a little surprise...? I mean a DLC.

Let's remember :
    • Hidden playable places have been found with glitches
    • Scenes in trailers that not appear in the game
    • Voice actors that have been seen in the studio AFTER the game release

Also i talked with the level designer of the game who told me a sort of "maybe" to my question about additionnal content.
    Last chance for us :o

Ooohh, fingers crossed!!! What date is the conference???
  • Sikboy1029
    35 posts
    edited August 9
    Monday, August 21 at 9:30am PT/12:30pm ET. The forum closes 5 days later...is that a bad sign or a good sign? New content could mean a new forum.
    Post edited by Sikboy1029 on
    Monday, August 21 at 9:30am PT/12:30pm ET. The forum closes 5 days later...is that a bad sign or a good sign? New content could mean a new forum.

Yeah thats what i was thinking, a new forum maybe...

I swear if they bring up teaser posters like the ori ME again, that'll be awesome. Like the "Got Faith?" poster.
    The Runners still has something they intended to finish.
    I am Iman.
  • ImUrFriend wrote: »
    Sikboy1029 wrote: »

I swear if they bring up teaser posters like the ori ME again, that'll be awesome. Like the "Got Faith?" poster.
    The Runners still has something they intended to finish.

That would be so cool!! I reckon if they're going to announce anything it'll probably be Dlc, but hopefully it's something interesting for a Dlc...