/// This is an archived version of the official forums, which went offline in September 2017. Functionality is limited. Visit the Mirror's Edge Archive to learn more. ///
Desyncs in cut scenes — Mirror's Edge™ Catalyst Forums
Forum Closure and Move to Answers HQ - read more here!

Desyncs in cut scenes

Prev13456711
Vincent0K
admin53 posts
edited June 2016
Some of you may have experienced an issue where some cut scenes in the game are lagging a bit. We wanted to let you know that our team is working on a fix for a future update. Thanks for your patience.
Mirror's Edge Catalyst Community Manager

Comments

• great to know ;)

the game is amazing, and the gameplay is soo smooth.

the only problem i have see on it are the cinematic issue.

Can't wait for the release, good job !!
  • I don't think I can thank you guys enough. :smile:
  • Sweet. Hope it can be fixed before the games release. I'm hesitant to buy it unless I know I'll actually be able to play it.
  • Thanks, we really need this. Hope the fix releases before the game.
  • I'm experiencing very similar lag during gameplay as well. It happens about every 10 seconds. I just did a clean re-install of my gpu drivers, didn't seem to help.

i7-6700k gtx 980ti 16GB DDR4
  • Thank you. The cut scenes have drastic lag where the audio will stagger and then desync with the video, which is exceptionally laggy even at the lowest of resolutions. Gameplay is smooth but the cut scenes are so bad I can't understand what is being said besides reading the subtitles.
  • izakflashman
    7 posts
    edited June 2016
    Awesome!

Will you guys work on that 30fps framelock during cutscenes?
  • The cut-scenes are real-time ore pre-rendered? I can't decide so far. However my recent mission when we meet with Plastic is surly a pre-rendered one. It ran fine, but on 30 fps.

Anyway, I turn on Adaptive V-sync for MEC only. Seems it's fixing the issue, but I test it with more cut-scenes.
  • Teto
    137 posts
    Maybe cut-scenes aren't pre-rendered. But I'm pretty sure that they use (as the last Tomb Raider I think) more detailed models/skeletons/animations/materials for characters. I'm not sure.
  • Teto wrote: »
    Maybe cut-scenes aren't pre-rendered. But I'm pretty sure that they use (as the last Tomb Raider I think) more detailed models/skeletons/animations/materials for characters. I'm not sure.

Pretty sure that's the case. Because if they were pre-rendered, the video and audio tracks wouldn't go out of sync for example in the opening cutscene, I hear faith hit the wall a second or so before she's physically slammed into it. Voices are not in place, etc.
    Anyway, I turn on Adaptive V-sync for MEC only. Seems it's fixing the issue, but I test it with more cut-scenes.

For some reason I can't seem to find my adaptive setting in the NVidia control panel. Their site says my card supports it, but it's gone :/

• Anyway, I turn on Adaptive V-sync for MEC only. Seems it's fixing the issue, but I test it with more cut-scenes.

Didn't work for me :(
  • Guys! Who knows? New update (6.06)has fixed this problem? It was really annoying :(
  • Flatline wrote: »
    Guys! Who knows? New update (6.06)has fixed this problem? It was really annoying :(

Nope.
  • The cut-scenes are real-time ore pre-rendered? I can't decide so far. However my recent mission when we meet with Plastic is surly a pre-rendered one. It ran fine, but on 30 fps.

They all are pre-rendered. Is there any analog for Adaptive V-sync on amd?
  • Mukar
    40 posts
    edited June 2016
    Flatline wrote: »
    Guys! Who knows? New update (6.06)has fixed this problem? It was really annoying :(

6.06 fixed the out of sync video/audio during cutscenes for Xbox One users but not PC. Now that they've fixed it once on one platform, hopefully it won't be too hard to fix it for the rest.

• Mukar wrote: »
    Flatline wrote: »

6.06 fixed the out of sync video/audio during cutscenes for Xbox One users but not PC. Now that they've fixed it once on one platform, hopefully it won't be too hard to fix it for the rest.

I hope so :( don't want to watch this on youtube T_T
  • The game is already released and that bug still not fixed on PC. Any news about next patch?
  • SmileAlex7 wrote: »
    The game is already released and that bug still not fixed on PC. Any news about next patch?

Hopefully later today. Its kinda disappointing to see the cutscenes running like a slide show. Especially when they are one of the most important parts of the game. Everything else run well for the hardware I have, so I can't complain there.
  • Hallo Master, this game is fine, however I'ld need to represent my disappointment for E.A. releasing this game (preordered since beginning of '16) on the June 9th (European release): it is definitely too late in regard to first release date communication... and so far (seems to me) there are still problems!
  • Flatline
    7 posts
    edited June 2016
    After 6.06 update cut scene became a little bit better (but still out of sync), but now the problem with optimization in the game. It was all wonderful and smooth. Now, if you on a new option "limit GPU memory" - the game even at HYPER turns into horror (especially screens and advertising banners, they lost video, and there is a low-textured picture). The city on the background also becomes a low-texture.

If you disable this option had to downgrade many of the settings on high and medium. But sometimes there are still has lags. And this is called the updated optimization in the game ... what's wrong, devs...
    Post edited by Flatline on
  • I played the full version last night and was experiencing similar issues. It's good to know that others are having the same issues still though. I was starting to think the rig I just dropped 3 grand on was already becoming obsolete! Cut scenes were laggy, down to 10 fps. Textures were horrible, especially on billboard animations. And fight sequences would slow down quite a bit (again, single digit fps). All after update, latest gpu drivers, clean restart, ran in both hyper settings and ultra, different resolution, etc.
    My system:
    Intel I7 six-core Haswell E 5960K overclocked to 3.8 Ghz
    16 GB DDR4 Ram
    GeForce GTX980 4GB card
    Samsung UHDmonitor 28"

I would expect I should be able to run everything at 4k and hyper settings and still get a decent frame rate. I run Star Wars Battlefront at 4k and highest setting and still manage 40-60 fps. Please EA fix this.
  • for those who are questioning the game. The gameplay is smooth only thing that is bad are the cut scenes. The best news the cpu issues that prevented it from launching during the beta is gone.
  • for those who are questioning the game. The gameplay is smooth only thing that is bad are the cut scenes. The best news the cpu issues that prevented it from launching during the beta is gone.

Cutscenes are still an important part of the game for people who want to see the story. They already fixed it on Xbox, but I don't see how they haven't fixed it on PC the next day. Its kinda keeping me from playing the game any further for now because a 1 min cutscene is taking 2 to 3 mins to play out because of horrible synchronization and stuttering, the cutscenes are basically running like a slideshow while the rest of the game runs just fine.
  • ZZ_DooM
    2 posts
    edited June 2016
    Finished the game and i didn't had serious issues with the desync until the end... That really ruined a bit the ending, but well.. to be honest the story wasn't that great...
    Anyways, good game, could have been better but, its not bad.
  • So, still not fixed?
  • How has there still been no patch for this major issue? I really want to watch these cutscenes and play the game but this problem is stopping me from wanting to even boot up the game . I'm still in the content that was in the beta, so I know what happens in these scenes but I still don't want to be skipping all future cutscenes as well. Please get this patch out soon guys....
  • Hi,
    Do you know when this bug is going to be fixed?
    I'm going to request my money back if EA don't set a date.
    Thanks.
  • Hi, I want to know if a PC patch is going to be released
  • b1ackjack wrote: »
    So, still not fixed?

Nope
  • b1ackjack wrote: »
    So, still not fixed?

Nope

This is ridiculous, EA/Dice acknowledged this problem existed June 3rd, and now nearing 2 days after release this still hasn't been fixed....