/// This is an archived version of the official forums, which went offline in September 2017. Functionality is limited. Visit the Mirror's Edge Archive to learn more. ///
Desyncs in cut scenes - Page 2 — Mirror's Edge™ Catalyst Forums
Forum Closure and Move to Answers HQ - read more here!

Desyncs in cut scenes

Comments

• i play the game on ps4 and i got the day one patch (v1.02) but the desync in cut-scenes is still there. But the biggest problem with the game right now is the pop-up textures and graphical glitches. It seriously awful right now in PS4
  • I am still getting the desynced cut scenes and random bursts of lag in game. I have a good computer/ GPU but it still is pretty bad. has anyone found a fix yet?
  • sonicnerd14
    124 posts
    edited June 2016
    b1ackjack wrote: »
    So, still not fixed?

Nope

This is ridiculous, EA/Dice acknowledged this problem existed June 3rd, and now nearing 2 days after release this still hasn't been fixed....

They are probably working on it, but they should tell us when it should be fixed. Its already fixed on Xbox. Devs always want to save PC for last, and get very lacking with it too. It should be fixed by now, if it was fixed for Xbox a couple days ago.
  • Teto
    137 posts
    Yeah, there are vacation for the moment...

Come on.
  • I was also meet with this terrible issue. Going to let this game lay down until it is fixed as story is important for me in these kind of games. And right now i cant play it as long i will see wrecked cut scenes all the time.

I looked forward to play and started out with something terribly optimized. I run GTA V just fine on maxed settings with 60fps (this game is comparable as it also is a large open world with heavy effects and graphics, which also includes allot of physics rendering). And now i get to this game all about running on top of buildings and all the cutscenes seems to be broken. It stutters terribly some places, less other places. Between the cutscenes it runs smoothly all the time (only tested high settings so far, lowering them didn't do anything to the cutscenes).

Maybe they should consider implementing all the cutscenes pre rendered and add an option to turn on "pre-rendered cutscenes" so we can choose to play them as video files instead of rendering them realtime. Atleast until it gets fixed realtime.
  • Otchum
    39 posts
    edited June 2016
    I'm having the same issue at the very first non-rendered cutscene - when Faith reunites with Noah. It's pretty annoying, I have to say.

EDIT:

Okay, it's VERY ANNOYING! Everything else is great so far, but those out of sync cutscenes just ruin it! I don't think I can continue playing until there's a solution!

I play on PC, Win 8, i5 3570 CPU, 12 RAM and have a NVidia Geforce GTX 970.
    Post edited by Otchum on
  • Also i would welcome pause button for cut scenes. I dont get it why this isnt the thing.
  • Same problem with I5 650, GTX 960 SSC 4GB, 500SSD, 8GB RAM, WIN7, latest driver from 8.6.2016.
  • I have the cutscene problem too, but i have a bigger issue.
    I start the game, on medium (my specs will below) and i play it on 60fps, very smooth, i love it, fantastic... BUT after 8-10 min gameplay the game freeze. The only possible is alt+tab, and shut down it. OR wait a few minutes, and the game continues. and after it freeze again after 8-10 min. And there is no error message.
    All hardware temp is in normal range.

Pls give a tip to solve this problem...

My english is not the best, i hope you can understand it.

My PC:
    CPU: AMD fx 6350 Six core
    Ram: 8gb HyperX Fury 1600mhz
    GPU R9 270 OC 2GB
    Win 10 64bit

GPU software is updated to the newest verison.

• Otchum
    39 posts
    edited June 2016
    I'd like to ask the opposite thing: Are there actually any PC Players here who DO NOT have this issue?

EDIT:

One more thing - the first cutscene where Faith gets out of prison is perfect! Perfect sync here, always. But the next two - meeting Noah and meeting Birdman - are always flawed.
    Post edited by Otchum on
  • Otchum wrote: »
    I'd like to ask the opposite thing: Are there actually any PC Players here who DO NOT have this issue?

EDIT:

One more thing - the first cutscene where Faith gets out of prison is perfect! Perfect sync here, always. But the next two - meeting Noah and meeting Birdman - are always flawed.

Exactly, the first cutscene is absolutely fine. After that any cutscene is just a right mess. I have been actively avoiding doing the story missions right now and trying to keep myself busy with just side missions and exploring....
  • Otchum wrote: »

EDIT:

I'm having trouble with all cutscenes, including the first one.
    I'm getting **** with EA... I bought the game on pre-sale just to play it on the first day... How much long I'm going to wait? I want interest on my money invested on the pre-sale.
  • I wonder if it's possible for EA or someone on the team to give us an update on the fix?
    I just can't play with the cutscenes this laggy and I've been waiting multiple days for a patch. I just wanna beat the game man, but I can't with this issue.
  • Otchum
    39 posts
    edited June 2016
    vash5409 wrote: »
    I wonder if it's possible for EA or someone on the team to give us an update on the fix?

The best news I can give is that a developer on twitter tweeted this today (last tweet!):

https://twitter.com/slicedlime/status/740870724068507648

So they're definitely aware and already working on it.
  • That's right in post #1 of this announcement. That was almost a week ago.
  • So, any ETA? It's no longer beta and it's a major issue, so answers should be less vague.
  • I'm having the exact same issue. Anyone got a fix?
  • I have a little regret for the pre-order...
  • Otchum
    39 posts
    edited June 2016
    Update on my issue:

A fear hours ago, I went to a local store here and bought some extra RAM. Before that, my RAM was 12 GB, now it's 18 GB. Not sure what I expected, I just wanted the best performance for the game with it's demanding hardware requirements.

And then, surprise! The cutscenes still lag at the beginning and are off sync, but suddenly, after my RAM upgrade, the scenes gradually got into sync, the video catched up to the audio, and after about 10 seconds, they were perfect! So now I can finally start really playing! :*

But please don't take my post for granted, I'm no expert and don't know if pimp-my-RAM is a universal solution to this problem.
    Post edited by Otchum on
  • i9602283 wrote: »
    I have a little regret for the pre-order...

Me too. After all we paid just for yet another beta test, And that preorder exclusive stuff is completely useless. Ugly backgrounds and edges that hardly anyone will see.
  • MistahCookie
    6 posts
    edited June 2016
    So its 10th now, game has released everywhere and there is still no fix for the issue? ggwp Dice..why did i even bother pre ordering if my experience is going to be ruined for at least a week -_- They even had beta for this!
    Post edited by EAMod_Mike on
  • Teto
    137 posts
    Hey, that's enough. Do you think that they're doing nothing ?!
  • I just noticed that if you pause the cutscenes that seems to re-sync them? I could be wrong, ill have to continue testing this.
  • coth wrote: »
    i9602283 wrote: »
    I have a little regret for the pre-order...

Me too. After all we paid just for yet another beta test, And that preorder exclusive stuff is completely useless. Ugly backgrounds and edges that hardly anyone will see.

I did not even see anything that I got for preordering
  • TwinB wrote: »
    I just noticed that if you pause the cutscenes that seems to re-sync them? I could be wrong, ill have to continue testing this.

Problem is we can only pause the first one Oo
  • Same problem with i52500k 4.2 ghz 8gb 1333mhz ram gtx980 gpu This game make me disappointment
  • I'm playing on my laptop, game runs allright considering my spec (gtx960m, 8gb ram and i5-4210H 2,90GHz) but cutscenes are total mess becouse of lagging which is game breaker for me. I hope there will be some fix soon to adress that problem becouse I'm not gonna lie, I'm big fan of first Mirror's Edge and was really excited about Catalyst becouse from what i played it feels great.
  • Hey guys, I actually managed to more or less fix this issue. I randomly decided to move the game to my SSD. This did nothing. However, I then decided to turn VSync on (usually off since I play borderless), and voila! Working cutscenes. Mostly. They're still jittery, like they're dropping frames, but far from unwatchable and they never go out of sync. I'm not sure if it was just the VSync or if the SSD also made a difference, but I can finally play this game.
  • I have tested the game on both Ultra and Low. Both had same effects. Ran just fine in the gameplay but lagged like **** on every major cutscene (the ones where you are in third person like the first one). Some cutscenes lags less than others but this annoys me way to much as i play these games for both story and gameplay. I played enough to see 3-4 of these cutscenes and now i dont want to play until this is fixed. My sister also looked forward to the game but she didn't even want to make it through the first cutscene and just exited the game for now.

Most of my Early Access games without optimalization runs better than this mess and they dont even have any optimization yet! Really disappointed and also starting to regret my pre-order. What is the point of pre-ordering when the game will be broken for at least a week anyways? Really looked forward to play it this weekend but stil not a fix today... Well, think i might go back playing something else that actually works...
  • bestnewb wrote: »
    I did not even see anything that I got for preordering
    It's on main base in a room with music player.