/// This is an archived version of the official forums, which went offline in September 2017. Functionality is limited. Visit the Mirror's Edge Archive to learn more. ///
Desyncs in cut scenes - Page 3 — Mirror's Edge™ Catalyst Forums
Forum Closure and Move to Answers HQ - read more here!

Desyncs in cut scenes

Comments

• Teto wrote: »
    Hey, that's enough. Do you think that they're doing nothing ?!

yeah no...if im spending 65 bucks of my hard earned money, i expect a proper product and not half baked garbage that, even with so many delays and a beta, couldn't be fixed. If i have to resort to watching the cutscenes from Youtube, why did I even pay money to EA?
  • Any news? Weekend is coming. If they are not going to release a patch today, that mean we won't be able to play for at least a week after release.
  • michamallorca
    25 posts
    edited June 2016
    Teto wrote: »

yeah no...if im spending 65 bucks of my hard earned money, i expect a proper product and not half baked garbage that, even with so many delays and a beta, couldn't be fixed. If i have to resort to watching the cutscenes from Youtube, why did I even pay money to EA?

Programmers did great job, it's only the cutcenes. They will fix that so fast as posible. To find a bug is easier than to now way the bug exists, even in a actual game like this. I didn't bought pre-order, so I keep calm and i play not the main missions, i yust learn to run by the time trails at the moment and so I don't see the cutcenes jet. But I can understand the frustration of those who paid for the pre-order. Look at Tomb Raider, it had the problem with the Laras hairs, and everybody was angry. The Witcher 3 didn't run perfect from the beginning too!
    Sometimes this are the game, sometimes this is the GPU driver. Games are much more complex than the most of you think they are.

I think DICE is doing a great job at the moment and will fix it fast as posible. The need to and they stay under big preasure.

Thank you for reading my opinion.
  • I just wanted to pitch in and say that this problem is unlikely a hardware issue, I'm running gtx1080, 8 core cpu, tons of ram, latest drivers etc... and I'm still experiencing it.
  • I didn't bought pre-order, so I keep calm and i play not the main missions, i yust learn to run by the time trails at the moment and so I don't see the cutcenes jet. But I can understand the frustration of those who paid for the pre-order. Look at Tomb Raider, it had the problem with the Laras hairs, and everybody was angry. The Witcher 3 didn't run perfect from the beginning too!
    Sometimes this are the game, sometimes this is the GPU driver. Games are much more complex than the most of you think they are.
    Time trials are pointless now. Full of cheater. And still there is an issue with GTX 970 and hyper textures.
  • coth wrote: »
    I didn't bought pre-order, so I keep calm and i play not the main missions, i yust learn to run by the time trails at the moment and so I don't see the cutcenes jet. But I can understand the frustration of those who paid for the pre-order. Look at Tomb Raider, it had the problem with the Laras hairs, and everybody was angry. The Witcher 3 didn't run perfect from the beginning too!
    Time trials are pointless now. Full of cheater. And still there is an issue with GTX 970 and hyper textures.

What's the problem with GTX 970?
  • I noticed that, although far from a fix, ALT+TAB-ing a few times here and there during the cutscenes and going back in reduces the lag in the cutscenes. It is still slightly desynced, but it's better than the alternative.
  • Hi. Just installed the game and immediately the game was stuttering. it freezes on a frame for maybe 5 seconds or so before limping to the next. The game prompted me to update my drivers before even starting the game so they're all up to date.

I came here and read some of the posts, went back and tried in windowed mode. It ran *less* stuttery but still far from perfect, and once in finally got control of faith it still stuttered. I enabled fullscreen again and the stuttering got far far worse. The game is far from playable so I will be waiting for a patch.

I hope you guys could give us an estimate on when it will drop. The game literally launched yesterday, so to say I'm disappointed is a bit of an understatement.

My specs are as follows:

i5 2500k
    Nvidia GTX 970
    Windows 7
    16GB Ram
  • Teto wrote: »

Programmers did great job, it's only the cutcenes. They will fix that so fast as posible. To find a bug is easier than to now way the bug exists, even in a actual game like this. I didn't bought pre-order, so I keep calm and i play not the main missions, i yust learn to run by the time trails at the moment and so I don't see the cutcenes jet. But I can understand the frustration of those who paid for the pre-order. Look at Tomb Raider, it had the problem with the Laras hairs, and everybody was angry. The Witcher 3 didn't run perfect from the beginning too!

I think DICE is doing a great job at the moment and will fix it fast as posible. The need to and they stay under big preasure.

Thank you for reading my opinion.

Agreed. There is nothing wrong with the game itself, its just the cutscenes, and the rest of the game runs fine. That is why I've just been screwing around in trials and the open world. Just don't play through the main game until the fix the cutscene issue.
  • So weird too; I played the closed beta like a month ago and the cutscenes and everything ran fine. Now I get some small stuttering when I first load the game, and the cutscenes are unwatchable. So weird o.o
  • ninemil
    218 posts
    edited June 2016
    Northlane wrote: »
    I enabled fullscreen again and the stuttering got far far worse. The game is far from playable so I will be waiting for a patch.

I hope you guys could give us an estimate on when it will drop. The game literally launched yesterday, so to say I'm disappointed is a bit of an understatement.

My specs are as follows:

i5 2500k
    Nvidia GTX 970
    This isn't the same as the cutscene issue, and is likely due to the memory configuration on the 970 - your card isn't actually a 4GB card. It's 3.5 Gb + 0.5 Gb (slower) cache. Any game that maxes the former can cause both heavy slowdowns and this characteristic stuttering.

Cutting your texture detail back should stop the stuttering.

More info here.
  • So like i just gotta ask. like whats the progress on this issue. i understand programming is difficult but this was an issue in the beta as well so no excuses really.

this is a story based game...... so how am i suppose to get immersed in the story if i cant even watch it. EA at its finest. taking tips from ubisoft for game launches. maybe they launched mirrors edge broken so they can promise battlefield 1 will run better and get more pre-orders

also people said to check their twitter and Facebook for more up to date updates and its nothing more then like "64 reasons to play mirrors edge" and "mirrors edge has social elements" which are a discussion for another area of the forum lmao
  • ninemil wrote: »
    Northlane wrote: »
    I enabled fullscreen again and the stuttering got far far worse. The game is far from playable so I will be waiting for a patch.

My specs are as follows:

i5 2500k
    Nvidia GTX 970
    This isn't the same as the cutscene issue, and is likely due to the memory configuration on the 970 - your card isn't actually a 4GB card. It's 3.5 Gb + 0.5 Gb (slower) cache. Any game that maxes the former can cause both heavy slowdowns and this characteristic stuttering.

Cutting your texture detail back should stop the stuttering.

More info here.

Will test it out but I've seen plenty of benchmarks and videos maxing it out with the 970 that have been fine.
  • Just to add my two cents, I feel like the cutscenes are ignoring the graphics settings, when I turn everything down, I still get effects in them.
  • Ok tried playing with everything on low, windowed and fullscreen. It hangs constantly, including in the menus, main menu etc.

I fail to see how this is a graphics card issue.
  • Alright, fixed the bulk of the ingame performance by setting the game to high priority through task manager. Still pretty poor fps but it's playable. Desync in cutscenes still persists though
  • Any news? It's getting ridiculous...
  • FaithConnors
    133 posts
    edited June 2016
    Hmm maybe it's a good thing I don't have the game yet? Aside from the chance of spoilers :/ Also notice more people are using nvidia although one AMD person also had the issue. The beta worked fine here though the cutscenes were a little stuttery for my liking - but not as bad as people are saying it is now!
    "Yeah yeah I'm sure the birds are real impressed Faith, but once you're done showing off think you might concentrate on some actual work?!!" - Merc
  • What worst in this situation is that we are getting completely ignored by EA management. They know about the problem, but they keep intentionally selling the broken game for a quite robbing price.
    What worst in this situation is that we are getting completely ignored by EA management. They know about the problem, but they keep intentionally selling the broken game for a quite robbing price.

Like I said the rest of the game runs fine, its just the cutscenes that are broken. They know, and they are working on it, they just have mentioned it on this thread which I think they should.
  • this bring back beta memories that they fixed nothing. Its sad that this is dice title .
  • this bring back beta memories that they fixed nothing. Its sad that this is dice title .

What are you talking about, they fixed majority of the game. Its just somehow the cutscenes got broken after beta. Doesn't make sense how, but it happened. You can still play the game, but unfortunately we have to wait for a patch, and they will patch it soon.
  • well I hope they fix it soon, I'm thinking of stop playing the game until the cutscenes are fixed. and just play the game again from the start so that I can see all the cutscenes as they where ment to.
    I just see characters staggering around and the sound is like 20sec before they talk.. It's really bad!
    What worst in this situation is that we are getting completely ignored by EA management. They know about the problem, but they keep intentionally selling the broken game for a quite robbing price.

Like I said the rest of the game runs fine, its just the cutscenes that are broken. They know, and they are working on it, they just have mentioned it on this thread which I think they should.

Game not playable for players that play for story... Can't continue the game if i know every single cutscene will be a broken mess impossible to understand properly. And the worst thing with this is that the cutscenes is pre-rendered video files from what iv'e heard. Really odd that the game should struggle to run a simple video file.
  • so the weekend is almost over and still no update on the fix from developers..ggwp Dice. Definitely not pre ordering BF1 after this fiasco
  • coth
    55 posts
    edited June 2016
    so the weekend is almost over and still no update on the fix from developers..ggwp Dice. Definitely not pre ordering BF1 after this fiasco

It's indeed a fiasco. If things are going like this and they will keep ignoring, i'll refund on day 14.
  • The thing still exists, and is very heavy for me, JUST when the cutscene starts the game lags, but the audio continues on, so it gets desynced
    EASY SOLUTION: Pre-render the cutscenes and PLEASE MAKE IT AT LEAST 60FPS
  • The thing still exists, and is very heavy for me, JUST when the cutscene starts the game lags, but the audio continues on, so it gets desynced
    EASY SOLUTION: Pre-render the cutscenes and PLEASE MAKE IT AT LEAST 60FPS

The cutscenes ARE pre rendered... that's the problem
    Also how do you think it should be possible to render such good looking graphics as they are in the cutscenes in real time?
    so the weekend is almost over and still no update on the fix from developers..ggwp Dice. Definitely not pre ordering BF1 after this fiasco

It's indeed a fiasco. If things are going like this and they will keep ignoring, i'll refund on day 14.

I don't even have that option since my country doesn't officially support Origin so i had to buy the game through Amazon
  • sonicnerd14
    124 posts
    edited June 2016

Honestly you shouldn't pre-order games in the first place, most games these days end up with problems on launch, its better to just wait a bit until its sorted.
    Post edited by sonicnerd14 on