/// This is an archived version of the official forums, which went offline in September 2017. Functionality is limited. Visit the Mirror's Edge Archive to learn more. ///
Desyncs in cut scenes - Page 5 — Mirror's Edge™ Catalyst Forums
Forum Closure and Move to Answers HQ - read more here!

Desyncs in cut scenes

Comments

• Now i can tell something strange, i tested how much graphic memory the game use with Graphic memory limit on.
    It was taken i litle more than 2200gb. My graphic card has 4gb so i took graphic memory limit off and on ultra settings, the game was never taken more than 3500gb. I was playing now for 30minutes and had fps between 50-30 but by 80% it is by 45fps and very smooth to play. The joke is, i have only I5 650, 8GB ram, gtx960ssc! I SHOULD NOT BE PLAYABLE IN ULTRA WITH THIS SPECS, BUT I DO!
    Is this a efect from the update today or what?
    So the message is, turn the graphic memory limit off if you have 4GB or more graphic card.
    I had in this 30 minutes no cutcenes but i will tell you when i had one.
    The game itselfe runns better and i have heigh resolution textures everywehr now.
    I did not try in hyper settings, because i am absolute good with the ultra settings on my old computer.

I also got MSI GTX 960 4GB and even with the memory limit turned on (have not tried turned it off yet because of warnings) and i also run it perfectly fine on everything set on Ultra. Cutscenes stil laggy tho like normal but as people say, a development issue. Please tell me if turning the memory limit off helped with the cutscene lag. Also to mention. When the game reached 3,5GB VRAM usage on your card it is actually using everything on it. 4GB VRAM is falsely advertised on most 4GB cards. They do in fact have maximum 3,5GB or something like that which can be used. Like my 1TB drive has actually slightly little less than 1TB to store stuff on.

Overall Specs:
    AMD Athlon II X4 3,1 GHz - "For some odd reason this CPU handles new games pretty fine for it's age"
    MSI GTX 960 4GB Twin Frozer
    12GB RAM DDR3
    game on WDC WD 1TB HDD

Like you i'm just between needed-recommended specs.
  • I also got MSI GTX 960 4GB and even with the memory limit turned on (have not tried turned it off yet because of warnings) and i also run it perfectly fine on everything set on Ultra. Cutscenes stil laggy tho like normal but as people say, a development issue. Please tell me if turning the memory limit off helped with the cutscene lag. Also to mention. When the game reached 3,5GB VRAM usage on your card it is actually using everything on it. 4GB VRAM is falsely advertised on most 4GB cards. They do in fact have maximum 3,5GB or something like that which can be used. Like my 1TB drive has actually slightly little less than 1TB to store stuff on.

Overall Specs:
    AMD Athlon II X4 3,1 GHz - "For some odd reason this CPU handles new games pretty fine for it's age"
    MSI GTX 960 4GB Twin Frozer
    12GB RAM DDR3
    game on WDC WD 1TB HDD

Like you i'm just between needed-recommended specs.

So now i was playing the next mission and suddenly the game breakes totaly after safe point. 2 seconds i can play 10 seconds the sound and graphic stands still.

Then i restartet the game, then restarted the computer, then did the specs to minimum but still no able to play.
    I canot play anymore and the same error is in the menu now, it stands complitly and i have to wait 10-15 seconds and then i can navigate 1-2 seconds then everyting is frozen again.

I did now repair the game with origin und tell you after i tried it again, see you in short time again and tell you the results.

I think now, DICE has much more problems than only the cutscenes!
    I hope this will not end in only console game.
    I feel saad, becouse i love this game and i think it will not be playable for month.

• No chance game broken compleatly.
    I was playing 8 houers with only the cutscene problems, now the whol game is a cutscene including the menue and the loading!

I try to reinstall complete new, never had problems like this with a game :-(
  • In borderless window mode, i can play again, maybe it was a conflict with windows7 settings, i do not know way.
    Cutscenes still broken, but i can play now again. Waiting now for next update.
  • Arugal
    1 posts
    edited June 2016
    I got a problem, I've downloaded the latest version of the AMD drivers (the pack 16.6.1 Hotfix with the necessary 16.20.1025 version) but the game still says that "You have the 16.15.2211 version and you must install the 16.20.1025 version" even after of re-install the new hotfix 3 times... What can I do to fix this?
  • What the **** I have a R9 270, yet have absolutely no problems running through the cutscenes.
  • Since the latest update I have some major issues and the game has become unplayable. In detail: game freezes every 30-40 seconds and the main menu is basically inoperable.
  • yea so the update did nothing for me cut scenes still lag...
  • So not only did this update not fix the desync at all, I swear the resolution and just overall quality of the cutscenes diminshes tremendously. It almost looks as if the cutscene is only running at like 720p and I can see what seems to be slightly enlarged pixels and odd blurriness. This was an issue that was present even before the update today. Seriously WHAT IS GOING ON WITH THIS GAME. Not only this but my fps drops have become incredible in-game. Always in the exact same locations and now with the occasional 1-2 second freeze. I just can't play this game anymore. The immersion is so destroyed in a game that is supposed to be all about "flow."
  • Now i can tell something strange, i tested how much graphic memory the game use with Graphic memory limit on.
    It was taken i litle more than 2200gb. My graphic card has 4gb so i took graphic memory limit off and on ultra settings, the game was never taken more than 3500gb. I was playing now for 30minutes and had fps between 50-30 but by 80% it is by 45fps and very smooth to play. The joke is, i have only I5 650, 8GB ram, gtx960ssc! I SHOULD NOT BE PLAYABLE IN ULTRA WITH THIS SPECS, BUT I DO!
    Is this a efect from the update today or what?
    So the message is, turn the graphic memory limit off if you have 4GB or more graphic card.
    I had in this 30 minutes no cutcenes but i will tell you when i had one.
    The game itselfe runns better and i have heigh resolution textures everywehr now.
    I did not try in hyper settings, because i am absolute good with the ultra settings on my old computer.

Cutscenes not looking any better?
  • I got the latest update, and the cutscenes are actually *worse*

Before the update they would usually catch up with themselves by the end of the cutscene, now they don't at all. The game has also been running worse since I updated it. I even tried it with the Vram cap off, and it didn't change anything.
  • wow..... great that you 'fixed' the cut scenes for me by making me not be able to play the game 120b92e249.png
  • Well, so much for that "smooth release"
  • GODzilla
    29 posts
    edited June 2016
    We're nearing two weeks since release and the game is essentially broken. Story focus, cutscenes, that's how the game supposed to draw the player in and it is absolutely unplayable in this regard.

So instead of Mirrors Edge, which I waited so long for a sequel, I play "Waiting, the Game (TM)". I guess it depends how long I'll play this, if it's too long, DICE will find itself on a very, very short list of devs I boycott. ...only Ubisoft is sitting in this list so far. ^^
    GODzilla ®
  • I'm really enjoying the gameplay, however even with the latest update as of today I'm still having terrible laggy, low framerate and desynced audio in the cutscenes. Considering the fact that they're not playable cutscenes you'd think that they would be pre-rendered and butter smooth but i'm gathering that's not the case here. Please do something to fix this, it's really ruining the game experience. Any info you need i'll provide.
  • ajsjmls
    1 posts
    edited June 2016
    This sucks. I pre ordered for XBO and absolutly feel in love with this. Just hang in there, the story its self made me feel like i was reading a book that i couldnt put down. This is why Microsoft and the X box rules
    Post edited by EAMod_Mike on
  • If you look at perfoverlay.drawgraph 1 there is so much more cpu power needed than in the rest of the game. Isn't there a way to let the GPU compute the cutscenes?
  • Cutscenes not looking any better?

Cuts cenes still bad, but the game ranning better after update on gtx9604gb.

IMPORTANT: You need to set the window mode to borless in the game settings and everything but not the cuts cenes are very good.

In full screen mode I had after the update problems like:
    Black screen by loading at the beginning 1 second.
    Menu and game extreem freezings and was not able to play amy more.
    Performance drops.

If you have problems with the resolution of textures, try to turn of the graphic memory limit in the settings from the game settings.
    Be careful with this option, because the game needs much memory in the ultra and above settings. With 4gb graphic memory (real 3,5gb like I was told) and 8gb ram the game is running good, but it is no Garantie, I tried it 30min and I had high resolution everywhere.

At the moment I have graphic memory limit on, this needs performance, becomes it does many things in the background to safe memory, not only the textures. Today I try with off again.

Yesterday I was playing till midnight and I can tell you the game is great from the story and the missions, sometimes I was nearly at a hard attack.
  • With 4gb graphic memory (real 3,5gb like I was told) and 8gb ram the game is running good, but it is no Garantie, I tried it 30min and I had high resolution everywhere

In ULTRA!!!

• With 4gb graphic memory (real 3,5gb like I was told) and 8gb ram the game is running good, but it is no Garantie, I tried it 30min and I had high resolution everywhere

In ULTRA!!!

Also you should not have the GPU limitation off. I't have me worse performance and loadings broke completely. Maybe that what happened to you when you said your game broke because you mentioned trying the game with limitations off. And we have the same card (kinda) GTX960 4GB
  • Zefnoly wrote: »
    Also you should not have the GPU limitation off. I't have me worse performance and loadings broke completely. Maybe that what happened to you when you said your game broke because you mentioned trying the game with limitations off. And we have the same card (kinda) GTX960 4GB

No when i run the rame in borderless window mode, all the problems are gone.
    Many people has the same problems when the play the game in fullscreen mode after the update 14th

• So did the update fix the issues for Xbox One? I see the pc version is still having problems, that's why personally I don't buy pc games very often seems there is always problems or you have to have a hundred different settings just right for each game. With console games you know what will work for your console.
    Lorn Maverick
  • Maverick wrote: »
    So did the update fix the issues for Xbox One? I see the pc version is still having problems, that's why personally I don't buy pc games very often seems there is always problems or you have to have a hundred different settings just right for each game. With console games you know what will work for your console.

Do you have problems with console with this game or not?

On PC you have more performance as on console, so the game can have more details.
    But on console the developer can optimize the game better, because they know exact the hardware components.

So this is your choice, better looking game on a heigh resolution monitor, or less problems on a console.
    I think if you have enough money, you should buy both ;-)

• So this is your choice, better looking game on a heigh resolution monitor, or less problems on a console.

Or being able to mod the game heavily or not if it got mods :wink:
  • Maverick
    34 posts
    edited June 2016
    I just got the game but haven't been able to play it yet, that's why I was curious if it had any problems or not.

"I think if you have enough money, you should buy both ;-)"

Yeah if only I did lol.
    Lorn Maverick
  • Come on DICE... just give us a feedback... doesn't matter if it will take a month to fix it.. just tell us whats going on...
  • Zefnoly wrote: »
    So this is your choice, better looking game on a heigh resolution monitor, or less problems on a console.

Or being able to mod the game heavily or not if it got mods :wink:

Nude raider for example yeeees
  • fraka
    54 posts
    edited June 2016
    We have to be patient.. lol

DICE you're lacking severly in comunication skill.. you're just about to kill an amazing franchise in regard to your inactivity.

GOOD JOB

/clap
  • Yup new update still the same issue making the game basically unplayable for me as its horrendously jarring going from silky smooth to suddenly desynced audio and stuttery video in cutscenes! oh well guess I'll go back to waiting for DICE to pull their fingers out!
  • sonicnerd14
    124 posts
    edited June 2016
    fraka wrote: »
    We have to be patient.. lol

DICE you're lacking severly in comunication skill.. you're just about to kill an amazing franchise in regard to your inactivity.

GOOD JOB

/clap

Wow, if that is true that is poor dev team managment. BF1 comes out in just over 4 months, and yet you have a new game you just released with problems, and you throw almost literally your WHOLE team on a game that should only be going through the polish phase. That is ridiculous, and if its true it also signify they aren't looking to really expand this game more with some kind of DLC, which would be really great for game longevity. There should be more than one person maintaining a game like this bottomline, but I doubt that is the case, they probably have several people doing something otherwise we wouldn't have gotten this patch. They need show an effort that they want to get this small issue fix, and not making the game worst.