/// This is an archived version of the official forums, which went offline in September 2017. Functionality is limited. Visit the Mirror's Edge Archive to learn more. ///
Desyncs in cut scenes - Page 11 — Mirror's Edge™ Catalyst Forums

Desyncs in cut scenes - Page 11

Forum Closure and Move to Answers HQ - read more here!

Desyncs in cut scenes

15678911Next

Comments

• Seems to be fixed, at least on my end. Last patch (from several weeks ago) did the trick it seems. Still, it took much to long to fix some "videos" and for at least the next game, DICE-EA will remain on my no-buy list. They earned that for their lousy communication alone.

And seeing that still not everyone is fixed is a bummer, too. Those are videos! **** it...
    GODzilla ®
  • you guys are doinga great job. I instantly fell in love with the original and this is way better than that. I love the focus on the plot too. Keep it up
  • Awesome game so far. The Kruger billboards are pixelated but I assume that's due to the settings. I'll mess with the settings until further notice!
  • Imaproshaman
    135 posts
    edited September 2016
    While the cutscenes are still an issue for me, I guess some unseen update must've fixed my keyboard input problem. I can actually minimize the game without it crashing and I can play without a controller. So, it's cool that 2 out of the 3 problems are fixed, I guess. I obviously wish it'd be all 3 problems fixed, but beggars can't be choosers, am I right?
    Post edited by Imaproshaman on
  • Still no luck with the cutscenes on my end. I refuse to play it if I just get angry every time the story progresses. Very irritated with this indeed. Next game will be on my no buy list.
  • Imaproshaman
    135 posts
    edited September 2016
    Allywishus wrote: »
    Still no luck with the cutscenes on my end. I refuse to play it if I just get angry every time the story progresses. Very irritated with this indeed. Next game will be on my no buy list.

While I agree that's it's annoying that the problem hasn't been fixed, I would think they would try to fix it for the next game, (if and when they make it) so I'd still keep my hopes up. I just paused the game during a cutscene, watched it on YouTube, switched back, and skipped the cutscene in-game, and it worked for me. So at least there's some kind of a solution, and while it may not be ideal, that is still a viable option, no?
  • No. ^^ Yeah sorry, but no. And hoping / waiting for the next game is a bit pathetic, too. Imho. ;)
    GODzilla ®
  • wordnoise
    4 posts
    edited September 2016
    I am playing trial and screen keeps going black except for HUD and red runner markers... I am genuinely dissapointed. So would have bought full game....
  • Game support is a joke. EA and DICE seem to want to forget about catalyst, so be it. The game without future support is useless now since every fan has already done everything there is to do in the game. The funny thing is that the devs hinted future DLC in the forums before release. Pathetic, they should be ashamed. Not to mention the console version is still rife with clunky bugs in combat and **** deaths when faith refuses to grab a ledge or swing on a pole.
  • At this point I haven't played the game for a couple of months due to the lagging and desynced cutscenes, now I am just playing the game and dealing with the ruined story, it just sucks since it is a beautiful game and the cutscenes look gorgeous, and I love the story but this just ruins it, there has not been any patches for this game, the lack of support scares me for the future of this brilliant game and any potential sequels, I want to tell friends this game is amazing but the broken cutscenes, laggy upgrade menu, and other stuff just puts me off telling them. DICE could at least get another company to support this game, they obviously bothered with the game and put care into it so it isn't a cash grab but the lack of support and the modern day standard of DLC is making me worry, I just hope once DICE is finished with the new and awesome launch of battlefield 1 they get back to this lovely game.
  • agentmaxx7 wrote: »
    At this point I haven't played the game for a couple of months due to the lagging and desynced cutscenes, now I am just playing the game and dealing with the ruined story, it just sucks since it is a beautiful game and the cutscenes look gorgeous, and I love the story but this just ruins it, there has not been any patches for this game, the lack of support scares me for the future of this brilliant game and any potential sequels, I want to tell friends this game is amazing but the broken cutscenes, laggy upgrade menu, and other stuff just puts me off telling them. DICE could at least get another company to support this game, they obviously bothered with the game and put care into it so it isn't a cash grab but the lack of support and the modern day standard of DLC is making me worry, I just hope once DICE is finished with the new and awesome launch of battlefield 1 they get back to this lovely game.

Agreed.
  • And I just finished the game...I love it and need a sequel with more support
  • I've never had the cut scene issue, but the frame rate, freezing and lag etc. have been a problem that is occuring for me on Xbox more and more often. Why have Dice and EA completely dropped any sense of support for this game? They hyped it up so much and then as soon as it was released, they acted as if it didn't exist. No further promotion, no suggestion of DLC, no support updates for technical issues like this... nothing. Do they even read this forum, or is it just a place for fans who spent good money on this game to complain and cry for help over issues that the team never plan on even considering fixing?
  • Hey, I've started a new game for the 3rd time now and I noticed the cutscenes suddenly become laggy. Never happened to me when the first time I played it. What the **** has happened?
    I am Iman.
  • Well I have the same cutscene lag issue and can't even get the companion app to log me in lol
  • It is amazing to me that DICE still has not fixed this problem. I can't deal with it anymore on the PC version.
  • Turning on vertical sync helped me out a lot. The citscenes don't lag and the audience only rarely is out of sync
  • Picked this up on the Origin sale, had been waiting for it forever. What's up with the cutscenes? I turned on VSync and set the game priority to high. Gameplay runs fine, but the cutscenes are horrible.

Is there a fix?