/// This is an archived version of the official forums, which went offline in September 2017. Functionality is limited. Visit the Mirror's Edge Archive to learn more. ///
Desyncs in cut scenes - Page 10 — Mirror's Edge™ Catalyst Forums

Desyncs in cut scenes - Page 10

Forum Closure and Move to Answers HQ - read more here!

Desyncs in cut scenes

Comments

• Cool post! :smiley:

BTW: While you do have a point with console games being less problematic in general you also have to look at what's actually borken here: Pre-renderes cutscenes. Those are video files. There is no reason they should run as bad as they do, yet they do. This has really nothing to do with bugs in an unstable and ever changing environment called pc, this is simply lazy on part of the developers and shady on part of the publisher.
    GODzilla ®
  • That is very true, you would think that would have been a fairly simple thing to have straightened out by release.
    Lorn Maverick
  • Teto
    137 posts
    edited July 2016
    Yeah, you should give your resume to DICE, I'm sure they'll hire you to help them...

Guys can't you think that, maybe, it not just a problem from the video but something else? Like the DRM, Origin overlay, ... ?
    Post edited by Teto on
  • It seems like the cutscenes don't lag for me anymore. It's only like, a 3 second delay. Barely noticeable. So that's cool. It's just annoying that they knew this problem existed since April, and it took THREE updates to fix. But whatever, I mean, I'm not complaining. Anymore.
  • Yeah I have really enjoyed playing this game so no complaints from me, at least they have tried fixing the issues even though it's taken them some time. Think back a few years ago if you had problems you were pretty much stuck with what you got.
    Lorn Maverick
  • Good point, actually.
  • Teto wrote: »
    Yeah, you should give your resume to DICE, I'm sure they'll hire you to help them...

Guys can't you think that, maybe, it not just a problem from the video but something else? Like the DRM, Origin overlay, ... ?

It was working in the Beta...so...nope, I actually don't believe it is a complicated matter. But then again EA might correct me, like...anytime. :wink:
    GODzilla ®
  • Finished the game today... I had to watch all the cut scenes with terrible lag... awesome game, but this problem ruined the experience for me... I'm not going to buy Dice's games for a while...
  • I am happy to report that most of the cut scenes don't lag almost at all. Some still do, which is weird.
  • The cutscenes run fine on Xbox One (no lag), but when I press the Xbox button during a cutscene, it starts acting up and some desync happens. It's really disturbing especially since I like to screenshots and have to use the Xbox button for that.
  • The cutscenes from Release, through Back In The Game doesn't lag, and neither does Payback, as far as I can remember. What's weird though, is that it seems to be action--or camera, maybe?--heavy scenes that lag more. The Prisoner X cutscene doesn't lag and neither does the first half of the Thy Kingdom Come cutscene. The first one in The Shard doesn't lag, but the second to last cutscene does; and so does the second half of the post credits cutscene.
  • Nice find, but it just adds to the "makes no sense" list. They are videos, it shouldn't matter how much action is going on...
    GODzilla ®
  • Imaproshaman
    135 posts
    edited July 2016
    I know. It's odd. Why didn't they just have a menu where you could watch them all like in the first game? Wouldn't that fix the issue? Maybe you could be abe to watch them from the menu while in-game in-mission like you can with the Recordings and Documents.
  • I have a GTX 1080 with an i7 6700k and 16GB ram. Every 10 seconds or so during gameplay the game stutters, similar to other commenters on this thread. NONE OF THE PATCHES HAVE FIXED THE PROBLEM
  • Teto
    137 posts
    NO KIDDING?
    You know, shouting it won't fix your problem...
  • Yes. But talking directly to the people working on the game doesn't "fix your problem" either. So I think I speak for everyone here, when I say that we're out of options.
  • I'm having the same problem and am very frustrated. I waited 7 years for this release and I just want to play it. This is ridiculous, our GFX cards seem to be up to snuff, and the cutscenes are prerendered videos, so... I don't know. And it says my game is up to date so I must have every patch, and it's still happening.
  • Maybe they want to have haters like DENUVO :D
  • agentmaxx7
    6 posts
    edited July 2016
    Okay now I am getting a bit annoyed, got this game week after release, I bloody love the game, my single favourite one of all time, but I honestly can't finish it with this horrific desync that is occurring during the cutscenes, it is nearly the end of July and this has not been resolved yet. I still love the game and will purchase any future products you develop in the future but please fix this one, been waiting for nearly 10 years for this and I can not finish it because of cutscenes.

(Sorry for the use of language, didn't know the word I had used was censored, it won't happen again)
    Post edited by agentmaxx7 on
  • I thought this game would be great and can't even enjoy it because I can't properly watch the cutscenes, can't return it, and it might as well be taking up hard-drive space.

This is unbelievable and I am beyond angry.
  • agentmaxx7 wrote: »
    It is nearly the end of July and this has not been resolved yet.

The issue was resolved with the 27th of June update. At least for me. Make sure you've updated your game.
  • MichaelT wrote: »
    agentmaxx7 wrote: »

The issue was resolved with the 27th of June update. At least for me. Make sure you've updated your game.

Please look my comment :
    a3ed80b679094b11969990dac5e21eba.jpeg
  • agentmaxx7
    6 posts
    edited August 2016
    MichaelT wrote: »
    agentmaxx7 wrote: »

Yeah, I have checked many times and it is still not fixed, I'll give it another check again right now

I have checked and says no new updates, I'll give another play tomorrow to see if it still lags
  • RedDesign
    10 posts
    edited August 2016
    @MichaelT :
    If you want more infos, check this:
    In Game :
    With BandiCam : ~ 30 FPS
    Without BandiCam : ~ 40 FPS
    During cutscenes : ~ 15 FPS

On this following preview on YouTube you can see that subtitles and the voice aren't sync.
    Warning : this preview contain spoils because only last mission can be replay with Cutscenes.

1) My computer, NVIDIA Drivers, game version, game settings : http://imgur.com/a/Mdivr
    2) YouTube gameplay :
  • RedDesign wrote: »
    @MichaelT :
    If you want more infos, check this:
    In Game :
    With BandiCam : ~ 30 FPS
    Without BandiCam : ~ 40 FPS
    During cutscenes : ~ 15 FPS

On this following preview on YouTube you can see that subtitles and the voice aren't sync.
    Warning : this preview contain spoils because only last mission can be replay with Cutscenes.

1) My computer, NVIDIA Drivers, game version, game settings : http://imgur.com/a/Mdivr
    2) YouTube gameplay :

That's the same way it lags for me.
  • I'm sure you are trying to fix it, DICE, but can you at least tell us you are so we can stop complaining, thanks
  • agentmaxx7
    6 posts
    edited August 2016
    Also Fly Trap mission has replayable cutscene near the end
    Post edited by agentmaxx7 on
  • I started playing Catalyst again today for the first time after almost 2 months, and here's what I have to say:

The good news: No more desyncs in cutscenes. Not even at the very beginning. That issue has been solved for me.

The bad news: Framerate occasionally lags and drops again and again, both in cutscenes AND in the game itself. Sometimes even the whole picture freezes for more than a second.
    Not cool! Needless to say, there haven't been any hardware changes on my system since then.
  • Otchum wrote: »
    I started playing Catalyst again today for the first time after almost 2 months, and here's what I have to say:

The good news: No more desyncs in cutscenes. Not even at the very beginning. That issue has been solved for me.

The bad news: Framerate occasionally lags and drops again and again, both in cutscenes AND in the game itself. Sometimes even the whole picture freezes for more than a second.
    Not cool! Needless to say, there haven't been any hardware changes on my system since then.

Not for me... the cut scenes still lag.. a lot!!
    I'm pretty sure they forgot about us already... And I'm never going to buy a Dice's game again...
  • I feel like my $40 was a waste, Mirror's Edge has been made a mockery of, I'm never going to get my money back thanks to the pincer attack that is both their absurd return policy and lack of comprehensive game optimization AND, I can't even play the game.

Absolutely unbelievable.