/// This is an archived version of the official forums, which went offline in September 2017. Functionality is limited. Visit the Mirror's Edge Archive to learn more. ///
Desyncs in cut scenes - Page 8 — Mirror's Edge™ Catalyst Forums
Forum Closure and Move to Answers HQ - read more here!

Desyncs in cut scenes

Comments

• 2 weeks gone, what a freaking ignorance and disgrace...
  • A refund is in order. Do it Arkham night style.
  • If you guys know a way to get back my money....
  • Two weeks and game is unplayable...one more and it ends with a big new topic "How to get my money back"
  • Shrinivas wrote: »
    Two weeks and game is unplayable...one more and it ends with a big new topic "How to get my money back"

One more? Lets skip to the chase and do that topic NOW. **** shoulda made it yesterday.
  • Something is telling me that EA is intentionally keeping DICE from fixing the game as soon as possible. Probably because of Battlefield development, but they really are living up to that stigma EA has gotten over the years.
  • You have up to 14 days to get a refund, or if you've played less than an hour I think. If you've gone pass one of those its too late for a refund at this point.
  • Faithless
    4 posts
    edited June 2016
    Yeah, very poor service here from EA. Not suprising really - there are zero consequences for them. People will still rush like crazy to pre-order their next game en-masse. We are just some noise on a graph... Ubisoft are just as bad, again, zero consequences statistically, so why should they bother with "silly" things like feedback, let alone timely patches.
  • MistahCookie
    6 posts
    edited June 2016
    I thought they would have learned their lesson after BF4 but no..Dice had to mess up again. People love to bash ubisoft for broken games but its not like they are only ones. EA pretty much started this whole trend of scamming and then getting away without any consequence. Definitely not going to waste my money on Battlefield 1
    Post edited by EAMod_Mike on
  • I'm really impressed at how well this game runs on my not-so-new rig... but this cut scene bug is super frustrating. I almost don't even want to play the game right now because it's ruining the story elements :(
  • wow this not dice game this is an ea game. Dice would have fixed this by now.
  • GODzilla
    29 posts
    edited June 2016
    wow this not dice game this is an ea game. Dice would have fixed this by now.

DICEA & BiowEAre...better get used to it. ^^ It's a big (w)hole now.
    GODzilla ®
  • I wrote @mirroredge on twitter and got a response from EA support. I told them about the cutscenes and to fix their broken game and they said that they are "investigating this at the moment." I know it's not much but still better than their usual response like "did you try fixing through origin?"
  • Not too many cut scenes after beating the main story missions.. No issues with any part of the game for me! I give M.E.C. a firm 9/10.
  • gcyork wrote: »
    I found a fix for the desync in cut scenes

use command GameTime.MaxVariableFps 60 in the console,
    you can set the fps to whatever you want/like/need, but be sure to set it to a speed your pc can handle.
    (I would say try 30 and if it works then try 60)

This link tells you how you can create a config file to do this automatically without using the console every time you start the game

https://diaryofdennis.com/2016/04/24/how-to-show-the-fps-in-mirrors-edge-catalyst-with-a-config-file/

This seems to have fixed the issue for me. I set it to 60 and the custscenes improved significantly, then tried upping it to 90 and they are basically flawless. It also appears to have improved the playback on the upgrade preview videos as well.
  • so EA mods can take the time to edit my post but cant be bothered to give us some information about a potential fix..nice
  • bump
  • KnickinIt wrote: »
    gcyork wrote: »
    I found a fix for the desync in cut scenes

use command GameTime.MaxVariableFps 60 in the console,
    you can set the fps to whatever you want/like/need, but be sure to set it to a speed your pc can handle.
    (I would say try 30 and if it works then try 60)

This link tells you how you can create a config file to do this automatically without using the console every time you start the game

https://diaryofdennis.com/2016/04/24/how-to-show-the-fps-in-mirrors-edge-catalyst-with-a-config-file/

This seems to have fixed the issue for me. I set it to 60 and the custscenes improved significantly, then tried upping it to 90 and they are basically flawless. It also appears to have improved the playback on the upgrade preview videos as well.

Tried with 30, 60 and 90. Nothing
  • so EA mods can take the time to edit my post but cant be bothered to give us some information about a potential fix..nice

Mods are mods. Chances are high they are no EA officials. I am moderator in another forum and I'm in no way affiliated to the company behind the website. :wink:
    GODzilla ®
  • xStormKillerx
    2 posts
    edited June 2016
    Bought the game yesterday and I have the same problem... Gameplay smooth cutscenes horrible!
  • I tested out the GameTime.MaxVariableFps command and by looking at the skill tree hint screen, increasing the number (from 60 to 90 or 200) made the videos even slower than before. If I used a value of 10 however, the videos played smoothly. Unfortunately that command affects the framerate of the whole game, and I obviously can't play at 10fps so this method isn't working for me.
  • Zefnoly wrote: »

can someone see if this also solves the stuttering?

This ended up doing nothing for me, except let me know that my game was occasionally running the menu at 0FPS, and the In Game stutter bounces wildly between the max framerate I set it at (30 in this case) and 2FPS.

With everything at minimum settings :(
  • It's been 21 days since anyone at DICE even commented on this. What is going on? Will this be patched? 3 weeks now and nothing to show for it. According to people who played the beta this bug was present all the way back in April and still nothing got done.

Are you going to fix this? If so how soon? If not fine then I'll just uninstall the game and take it as a loss. Wont be the first time EA has published an unfinished product. It just sucks I spent 60 dollars on a Triple A game that can't even get cut scenes working.
  • It's possible the devs have been moved to other projects. Either way 21 days is a sign that no one is at home anymore or this bug just is not worth their time/money to bring in the big guns to fix.
  • SuperMarioFreak
    1 posts
    edited June 2016
    This is seriously ridiculous. I have been waiting anxiously for years for the game to come out. Now that I've spent my hard earned money pre-purchasing the game in anticipation of its release; Two weeks after release I still can't play because it was released broken!? Way to steal my money EA. This company is the worst thing to happen to the gaming industry.
  • AustinPaquette
    18 posts
    edited June 2016
    Thank you EA for showing me that my 6+ year loyalty to this franchise is worthless. An official word from the devs would be amazing. I bought this game for $60 on day one, and barely got to enjoy the story because I had to pause the game and watch the cutscenes on my phone every time. Imagine my confusion when the first cutscene in the game started and I had no idea what was going on because it kept skipping and pausing.

I understand bugs are hard to fix, but they seemed to have just completely dropped all support for this game already, and it hasn't even been out for a month. They're literally just video files, how hard could it be? I STILL haven't finished the final mission yet because I want to experience it first hand, but it's been THREE weeks and we've gotten nothing except a small patch that said to have fixed the problem, but didn't.

I can't imagine this game sold very well, and they're probably forced to work on Battlefield 1 since that's guaranteed to sell like hotcakes, but when you show this much of a lack of communication towards long-time dedicated fans who were promised a game they've been waiting years (8 years since release, and 3 since the initial tease) for, it really doesn't set a good image.
  • Faithless wrote: »
    It's possible the devs have been moved to other projects. Either way 21 days is a sign that no one is at home anymore or this bug just is not worth their time/money to bring in the big guns to fix.

Actually it is big, for those who want to see the story for themselves, it basically makes nearly impossible to do so. Which has ultimately made the game useless for most people. Not sure why EA is making DICE sit on their **** all day, and not doing anything to fix their broken game.
  • sonicnerd14
    124 posts
    edited June 2016
    Thank you EA for showing me that my 6+ year loyalty to this franchise is worthless. An official word from the devs would be amazing. I bought this game for $60 on day one, and barely got to enjoy the story because I had to pause the game and watch the cutscenes on my phone every time. Imagine my confusion when the first cutscene in the game started and I had no idea what was going on because it kept skipping and pausing.

I understand bugs are hard to fix, but they seemed to have just completely dropped all support for this game already, and it hasn't even been out for a month. They're literally just video files, how hard could it be? I STILL haven't finished the final mission yet because I want to experience it first hand, but it's been THREE weeks and we've gotten nothing except a small patch that said to have fixed the problem, but didn't.

I can't imagine this game sold very well, and they're probably forced to work on Battlefield 1 since that's guaranteed to sell like hotcakes, but when you show this much of a lack of communication towards long-time dedicated fans who were promised a game they've been waiting years (8 years since release, and 3 since the initial tease) for, it really doesn't set a good image.

Yeah, I might not get BF1 because of this. Until they fix this game, then I might consider changing my mind. Your not going to abandon a game I've been waiting several years for, and expect to get my money for a game that comes out every year. You know I expected better support from these guys this time around, since they really seemed determined to make catalyst a much better game from the first. In some aspects they have, but now to see that support is already dropped, its almost no better than the first game.
    Post edited by sonicnerd14 on