/// This is an archived version of the official forums, which went offline in September 2017. Functionality is limited. Visit the Mirror's Edge Archive to learn more. ///
Desyncs in cut scenes - Page 9 — Mirror's Edge™ Catalyst Forums
Forum Closure and Move to Answers HQ - read more here!

Desyncs in cut scenes

Comments

• I am playing the game on my MacBook Pro. Solved the sync issue by chosing a lower resolution and I think I've changed something at scaling also... Anyway, I was waiting for this game a long time (I'm 35, lol) and even if it is frustrating at times, I can't but appreciate that we have this release. Kudos to developers!
  • bennysce
    6 posts
    edited June 2016
    I'm using an Nvidia 980 and an i5 3570k. It's using 99% CPU during cutscenes. Using the recommended settings Geforce Experience sets AND Shift+F1 to let the video catch up when it starts actually helped quite a bit. A couple of stutters but it played a video at Plastics hideout without getting desynced and only with minor stutters after that. Its annoying though because I can run most at ultra during the game itself. How can a prerendered video demand so much? Is it extremely high bitrate? Using a slow codec? Running at 4k resolution? Someone made a mistake. There's no reason it should be this demanding.
  • I just want you to know DICE. Your second patch is weird. It is only playing one intro cutscene normal. All of the other are still lagging
  • SmileAlex7 wrote: »
    I just want you to know DICE. Your second patch is weird. It is only playing one intro cutscene normal. All of the other are still lagging
    Same thing here. You can imaginehow happy I was when I started a new game and how annoyed I was when the second one stuttered again... :/
  • The new update seems to have fixed the problem for me!!! YAY!!!
  • Awesome cant wait to try it!
  • It's been fixed!
  • The patch fix only the intro cutscene for me... The others just a slight improvement. :|
  • So does it fix all the cutscenes for everyone, or just some of them?
  • The patch fix only the intro cutscene for me... The others just a slight improvement. :|

same here... and Im using GameTime.MaxVariableFps 30 command... without it, everything is still a mess
  • Alright just tested it out on the third mission, and the cutscenes seem to be fixed for the most part. Its not perfect, but 3 weeks, and its finally fixed. 3 weeks to long, next time the we shouldn't have this kind of issue.
  • Phenom II 965 BE-8GB RAM-GTX 960 aaaaaaaand after patch it's fixed!! BUT still a little choppy now and then but it's perfectly synched so yay!
  • The latest patch finally fixed it for me :) Thanks DICE!
  • Still broken for me.
  • Finally fixed for me, just played through the whole game a second time around (this time actually experiencing the story firsthand instead of on my phone). Thank you guys for fixing it. 3 weeks is a bit of a stretch but it's better than nothing.
  • Last Update fixed the problem for me, now all cutscenes are 100% ok. Now it is a fantastic game, thank you!
  • @chrisyroid since it seems much better for everyone else you should probably send them your dxdiag info to EA Answers so they can help you specifically.
  • Bump.. for the people who still can't play....
  • Still not fixed with the new patch. With GeForce Experience enabled I can see 30 FPS on the cutscenes but it's a fake. Still low.
  • Yuki
    18 posts
    edited July 2016
    I bought your game today but I have the laggy cinematics issue, which make the game unpleasant to go through.
    So when a long cinematic lunches, it lags hard during and still after the cinematic.

Then, each dialogue line in-game becomes preceded by a 5 seconds screen freeze, which make the game unplayable.

It feels like the issue have something to do with the dialogues being charged into memory.

My PC specs are : Windows 7 64 bits / AMD Athlon X4 760K, Quad-Core 4.2 Ghz / Sapphire ATI Radeon R7 260X 2 Go / 12 Go of RAM
    Post edited by Yuki on
  • Yuki wrote: »
    I bought your game today but I have the laggy cinematics issue, which make the game unpleasant to go through.
    So when a long cinematic lunches, it lags hard during and still after the cinematic.

Then, each dialogue line in-game becomes preceded by a 5 seconds screen freeze, which make the game unplayable.

It feels like the issue have something to do with the dialogues being charged into memory.

My PC specs are : Windows 7 64 bits / AMD Athlon X4 760K, Quad-Core 4.2 Ghz / Sapphire ATI Radeon R7 260X 2 Go / 12 Go of RAM

Try putting the game to High Priority mode. I get huge freezes when I don't have it set to High, hopefully they fix that soon too.
  • Yuki
    18 posts
    edited July 2016
    SOLUTION FOUND

Go to your Audio peripheral settings on your computer and select a lower sound sampling rate than 24 Bits, 192000 Hz (Studio Quality) in the Advanced tab.

Now I don't have the laggy cinematics issue and the game runs normaly !
    SOLUTION FOUND

Go to your Audio peripheral settings on your computer and select a lower sound sampling rate than 24 Bits, 192000 Hz (Studio Quality) in the Advanced tab.

There are games that do react to these settings and certain audio bugs can be resolved. For instance: I changed it to 24bit 44khz to solve a soundbug in Total War Warhammer concerning rear speakers in 5.1 speaker configurations.

And herein lies the problem unfortunately: I cannot and will not change the setting around for every game I play. If the solution is really that simple, the cause must be, too. So they should be able to fix this yesterday!

But...don't wanna sound ungrateful, though I haven't tested this yet. So thanks for the hint. ^^
    GODzilla ®
    SOLUTION FOUND

No.... still lagging here....
  • Still having stuttering in cutscenes AND during gameplay. The only way the game is barely playable is by setting the process (in the task manager) to high priority. And even then it's only barely playable.
  • That only works if your PC supports those bitrates etc ;p Not all will ;-)
    "Yeah yeah I'm sure the birds are real impressed Faith, but once you're done showing off think you might concentrate on some actual work?!!" - Merc
  • Yesterday I was playing on medium settings perfectly fine, cut-scenes only desynced once. Today, the game freezes and stutters at an unplayable rate. Cut-scenes will not even run, if I can even move to an area that initiates one.
  • GODzilla wrote: »
    Yuki wrote: »
    SOLUTION FOUND

There are games that do react to these settings and certain audio bugs can be resolved. For instance: I changed it to 24bit 44khz to solve a soundbug in Total War Warhammer concerning rear speakers in 5.1 speaker configurations.

And herein lies the problem unfortunately: I cannot and will not change the setting around for every game I play. If the solution is really that simple, the cause must be, too. So they should be able to fix this yesterday!

But...don't wanna sound ungrateful, though I haven't tested this yet. So thanks for the hint. ^^

That's why I go with console games. Seems the specifications are different for every game. At least with a console you know it will work for you. Nothing against pc I have just had a lot of personal problems with mine in the past.
    Lorn Maverick
  • If it's a good port, it runs perfectly fine for me most of the time. And dito, nothing against console but...nah, I better keep my mouth shut to be honest. One thing I can say without trying to start a flame-war (I hope) is that I'm a very bad gamepad player. :wink:
    GODzilla ®
  • Maverick
    34 posts
    edited July 2016
    That's cool everyone has there own preference and that's what is cool with console and pc both releasing games. everyone gets to play it to there liking. Cool how far technology has come. I realize how much I said cool in this paragraph, LOL what can I say.
    Lorn Maverick